RIAT E-mails

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
RAF4EVER

RIAT E-mails

Post by RAF4EVER »

Just received this, from RIAT Customer Services:
Important Information regarding RIAT24

With just under four months left to go now before we welcome you all to RIAT24, there are a few operational matters we would like to bring your attention to.

Tickets:

As some of you may already know, we launched a new website and ticketing system during the last show for RIAT24.You should have all received a confirmation email outlining your order. You can check your order details and status in your account on the Air Tattoo website here.

If there is anything missing from your order, then please email us at enquiries@rafcte.com.

Your tickets will be sent to you closer to the show.

Souvenir Programmes:
If you purchased a souvenir programme, then you will be sent a ticket at the same time as your general admission ticket(s), which you can use to redeem your souvenir programme at the show.

Some of you who purchased your souvenir programmes before January this year will have received a voucher, which is now defunct. Please rest assured that you will receive a ticket for your souvenir programme along with your general admission ticket(s) close to the show and you do not need to contact us.

Travel to RIAT

We encourage all guests to arrange their travel carefully in advance. Please note, if you are planning to come to the show by either the Swindon Shuttle Bus or Cheltenham Park and Ride, you will need to have purchased your ticket(s) in advance to be able to board a bus. You will not be able to acquire tickets on the day. If you need to order your ticket(s) then please email enquiries@rafcte.com. A car pass is required for anyone driving to the show.

Enclosures & Dietary Requirements:

Those of you who have purchased either an enclosure package or upgrade will be sent enclosure specific and logistical information separately to this email.

If you have a ticket for any of the following enclosures:

Lightning Pavilion
First Class Lounge
Aviation Club
Flight Deck
Cotswold Club

And have any of the following allergies: celery, cereals containing gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs, mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide, sulphites or tree nuts, please let us know by emailing: enquiries@rafcte.com stating your allergy and the enclosure you are visiting.

We will be sending out further emails on matters such as safety and travel to the show. So, please look out for emails in your inbox with the subject line: Important Information.

You are receiving this informational email because you have bought a ticket for the Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT).

View in browser
Are they going Nanny State now?, what happened to Common Sense

boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT E-mails

Post by boff180 »

Tidied up your post a bit as it was complete gobbledygook.

From the first part it sounds like there have been some issues identified with early ticket sales and they just want people to check so they don't have issues on the day.

Also, if they are supplying food in an enclosure in the price of a ticket then they have a duty of care to anyone who has allergies.

And on safety matters, it's fairly obvious an event the size of RIAT qualifies under the enhanced tier of Martyn's law. Expect this and a lot more from all venues around the UK from now on.

Andy

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Guys a warning, the email doesn't look like an official email address and a good few on social media are saying they feel its phishing scam and have reported it to RIAT.

Email says its from RIAT but when you hover over it the email is 358751@r1.dotdigital-email.com

Also the link, while the link says "Air Tattoo website here" making it look official, if you hover over the link it actually does not go to the RIAT website and is a ddlnk.net address in reality.

Not saying it is 100% a phishing scam but the links and email address do not look like an official RIAT one to me and a good few others. The fact it went into everyones spam also is a big red flag.

Apppologies if I am overly cautious here and it is officially from RIAT but it smells a bit off.

CJS

Post by CJS »

I *think* it's legit. The company the email is from appear to be some sort of media communication setup so my guess is DBH are using them for this kind of communications. If you hover over the links, they too appear genuine, so this one at least seems like it is from and about RIAT.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

frank

Post by frank »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Mon 01 Apr 2024, 9:40 pm
Guys a warning, the email doesn't look like an official email address and a good few on social media are saying they feel its phishing scam and have reported it to RIAT.

Email says its from RIAT but when you hover over it the email is 358751@r1.dotdigital-email.com

Also the link, while the link says "Air Tattoo website here" making it look official, if you hover over the link it actually does not go to the RIAT website and is a ddlnk.net address in reality.

Not saying it is 100% a phishing scam but the links and email address do not look like an official RIAT one to me and a good few others. The fact it went into everyones spam also is a big red flag.

Apppologies if I am overly cautious here and it is officially from RIAT but it smells a bit off.
I think it is phising until I hear otherwise from FRIAT

Aeron

Post by Aeron »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Mon 01 Apr 2024, 9:40 pm

I think it is a legit email. Their are using this marketing platform that you can see in the sender. Also the "ddlnk.net" is to track openings and what not as you can see here: https://support.dotdigital.com/en/artic ... ins-we-use

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

According to a few people who contacted DBH today, the email is legit.

Appologies if I was overly cautious/suspicious in my comment last night.

CJS

Post by CJS »

No such thing as overly cautious! To be honest, it is very much like the kind of email address that you'd usually run a mile from - quite rightly too - so I expect quite a few people will have deleted it without reading. Especially as (like me) it will likely have gone into your spam folder.
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

frank

Post by frank »

Well I now have had the same email for 3 days in a row so somethings not quite right.

vulcan57

Post by vulcan57 »

Regarding the the email the other day about having to now purchase tickets for the shuttle bus from Swindon in advance and that you can’t just turn up at the bus station and get tickets. I clicked on the link to RIAT customer care to purchase them and got the confirmation and they said that tickets would be sent in another email. The confusing thing is that there was no charge? Does this mean that they are booked and we have to pay at the bus station or does it mean that the tickets are now included in the FRIAT Package?

138EAW

Post by 138EAW »

Have you got a link to the get the bus tickets? I’ve just done a quick search and drew a blank.

Ok just been through the buying process then removed the day ticket so just checked out the bus ticket. Bit of a farce, hopefully and email to Wendy in the morning with clarification bus is included
Gary