Maldives Twin Otters - The Sequal

Photos of commercial airliners
xkekeith

Maldives Twin Otters - The Sequal

Post by xkekeith »

January saw me back in the Maldives for a short holiday, unfortunately a slick transfer at the Seaplane Terminal meant I only got 15 minutes on the viewing terrace:

First the local regional feeders:

Image8Q-IAT Dash 8 Maldivian by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-IAR Dash 8 Maldivian by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-IAT ATR-72 Maldivian by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Twin Otters At the Seaplane Terminal, Male:

Image8Q-TAX DHC-6 Twin Otter TMA by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TAV DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways Four Seasons c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-IAE DHC-6 Twin Otter Maldivian by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-RAI DHC-6 Twin Otter Manta Air by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-MBD DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways / Cheval Blanc c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TMB DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways / Jawakara c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TMS DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways Velaa Private Island c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

At the resort island, where by chance we had accommodation overlooking the area of sea used for landings:

Image8Q-TMX DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TAB DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TAR DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TMW DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TMH DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TMH DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TAL DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-TAP DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-MAO DHC-6 Twin Otter TMA Celebrating The Underwater World c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

My carriage for the trip back to Male:

Image8Q-TAE DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Male Seaplane Terminal on the return:

Image8Q-TMI DHC-6 Twin Otter Trans Maldivian Airways / Joali c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Image8Q-RAJ DHC-6 Twin Otter Manta Air / The Nautilus c/s by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

ImageMale Seaplane Terminal by Keith Heywood, on Flickr

Sundowner

Re: Maldives Twin Otters - The Sequal

Post by Sundowner »

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Cracking set, and I do like a Twotter 😀

POD

Post by POD »

Lovely set
Tiger Tiger!

CJS

Post by CJS »

They look lovely don't they! Thanks for sharing :-)
<<<<< Silly question klaxon >>>>> how rough can the sea be for these aircraft to operate? I mean I presume the rougher the sea, the bumpier the landing, but are they capable of operating in anything other than calm waters?
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

helired3

Post by helired3 »

Last time i went i think the sea state would be described as choppy the return trip was fairly bouncy on take off
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

xkekeith

Post by xkekeith »

CJS wrote:
Wed 08 May 2024, 9:16 pm
<<<<< Silly question klaxon >>>>> how rough can the sea be for these aircraft to operate? I mean I presume the rougher the sea, the bumpier the landing, but are they capable of operating in anything other than calm waters?
One day whilst we were in the resort the sea state was significantly rougher and as a result the Twin Otters landed and took-off much closer to the beach were the wave hight was lower.