RIAT 2024 - discuss most things thread

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
138EAW

Re: RIAT 2024 - discuss most things thread

Post by 138EAW »

NeilDC wrote:
Thu 16 May 2024, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Is it likely to be that mad even on the Monday too? I might end up renting a Boris bike or some such :-)
If your on facebook, join one of the groups like RIAT nutters. Usually posts on there asking for people to share taxis.
Gary

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

Roger_Over wrote:
Thu 16 May 2024, 10:19 pm
Monday should be fine, just a normal day on the roads there from my experience, unlike the main show days where you have to go with the flow. Departures day rocks!
That's really helpful, thank you. I was contemplating hiring a small car from Swindon.

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

138EAW wrote:
Thu 16 May 2024, 10:38 pm
NeilDC wrote:
Thu 16 May 2024, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Is it likely to be that mad even on the Monday too? I might end up renting a Boris bike or some such :-)
If your on facebook, join one of the groups like RIAT nutters. Usually posts on there asking for people to share taxis.
Oh good shout, thank you. I'll have a look.

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Thu 16 May 2024, 10:27 pm
Check through old threads and search them for taxi. I remember a few saying they did taxis to departures.

I don't think the one way system is in place for Mondays.
Great tip, thank you :-)

OscarM

Post by OscarM »

Another great update yesterday! Nice to see the Portuguese Vipers en the new KC-390. Same for the Lithuanian Hip. Great catch!

With some 7 more updates to go I think (and hope) there is plenty more to come. Perhaps most of the Ongoing countries, RAF additions, Royal Navy and US stuff. Looking forward to all the coming updates!

Btw: it's long time we had some information/post from Peter (RIAT AirOps). Guess he is extremely busy with the preparations. Would be nice to hear from him again (maybe after the show). Always nice, if possible, to get some inside information for example: how serious was India this year. Can imagine that not all the info could be shared with us and, of course, that wouldn't be a problem but if it could be shared it would be nice to hear.

For now: great work by DBH and all the volunteers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CJS

Post by CJS »

OscarM wrote:
Fri 17 May 2024, 10:34 am

Btw: it's long time we had some information/post from Peter (RIAT AirOps). Guess he is extremely busy with the preparations. Would be nice to hear from him again (maybe after the show). Always nice, if possible, to get some inside information for example: how serious was India this year. Can imagine that not all the info could be shared with us and, of course, that wouldn't be a problem but if it could be shared it would be nice to hear.

Less than a month, and yeah I'm guessing he might be a bit busy. Also you'll notice that his last post was a) extensive and b) sent on a Saturday evening, which I'm fairly sure isn't in his working hours.

I do realise you're not expecting a post btw, before that's the reaction, but I also fairly sure that Peter replies on here when he can (and we all appreciate when he does) and possibly that posts like yours don't exactly make him want to jump on more regularly.

Or maybe I've had a tricky morning and actually your post was fine, I dunno... :see_no_evil:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Jameslw1993

Post by Jameslw1993 »

I tend to find that posts that pisses him off tend to get him on here, so maybe that'll work.
Fast jet fanatic.

Jameslw1993

Post by Jameslw1993 »

How can people be moaning about static only announcements? Pretty much every week prior to the last few static ones had flying participants. We even had one in December.
Every update has been superb, as usual.
Fast jet fanatic.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

OscarM wrote:
With some 7 more updates to go I think (and hope) there is plenty more to come.
8 :-)

Danhaz

Post by Danhaz »

We are about on par with where we were last year for flying participants, at the end of may we had 21 individual participants

*Edit* we are down on static items (by about 30) but by this time last year we had the big update of all the smaller static participants like Cessna 172s etc

CWS

Post by CWS »

yep, not worried at all. The line up is already stacked with plenty more to come!!
Airshows 2024 - Duxford VE day, Duxford Summer show, RIAT, Duxford The Americans, Eastbourne, Miramar, Pacific Airshow

EAGLE

Post by EAGLE »

RIAT Friday - Sunday is listed on the Black Cats initial schedule which was released earlier today.

Last edited by EAGLE on Fri 17 May 2024, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Received my e-ticket on my mobile this morning,this may sound daft but can you still display them at the gate if you can't get a signal ? what alternatives are there or am I being silly ?
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

aceyone wrote:
Fri 17 May 2024, 3:09 pm
Received my e-ticket on my mobile this morning,this may sound daft but can you still display them at the gate if you can't get a signal ? what alternatives are there or am I being silly ?
Print it off

Morgangalley

Post by Morgangalley »

Glad to see they’re back to a two ship. Last time they displayed at RIAT was 2016 if I remember correctly

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

aceyone wrote:
Yes, you can download them as a pdf to your phone and open a pdf viewer.

Best to print them off though too. My OCD has me with a printed copy, PDF on phone as well as google wallet lol.
AirshowsNI
2024 shows - Duxford D-Day (both days) Cosford, Armed Forces Day NI, RIAT (3 days) Portrush & Duxford BoB

Mike

Post by Mike »

aceyone wrote:
Just screen print it and save it to your photos. That’s what I do with all my barcode tickets.

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

aceyone wrote: Received my e-ticket on my mobile this morning,this may sound daft but can you still display them at the gate if you can't get a signal ? what alternatives are there or am I being silly ?
Do what I - and many others - did with the Covid Passes.....download it to your phone & call it up like you would a photo or any other saved file.
All they should really need to scan is the QR Code on there.

Edited to say....
Have to type faster, beaten to it by Mike!
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Thanks for your help,I'll dust off my old printer !
ps- also saved as a PDF as well,once again,cheers !
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

OscarM

Post by OscarM »

CJS wrote:
Fri 17 May 2024, 12:32 pm
OscarM wrote:

Less than a month, and yeah I'm guessing he might be a bit busy. Also you'll notice that his last post was a) extensive and b) sent on a Saturday evening, which I'm fairly sure isn't in his working hours.

I do realise you're not expecting a post btw, before that's the reaction, but I also fairly sure that Peter replies on here when he can (and we all appreciate when he does) and possibly that posts like yours don't exactly make him want to jump on more regularly.

Or maybe I've had a tricky morning and actually your post was fine, I dunno... :see_no_evil:
My post was fine indeed :wink: . Don't expect someone who is very busy with the preparations to post or react on this or another forum. That is also why I said: "after RIAT" :wink:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Readers of this month’s Air Forces Monthly will find an interview with him conducted by a completely talentless wannabe aviation journalist.

(Alongside an F-35B interview conducted by the same talentless tool)

Canberra TT.18

Post by Canberra TT.18 »

Tommy wrote:
Fri 17 May 2024, 7:04 pm
Readers of this month’s Air Forces Monthly will find an interview with him conducted by a completely talentless wannabe aviation journalist.

Might buy an AFM (been a while).

How long did the talentless wannabe journalist talk to the F-35B.....

Keep up the good work.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

It’s got a big gob so it had a lot to say.

(Now do I mean the F-35 or Tom haha 😛)

Sorry Tom

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Tommy wrote:
Fri 17 May 2024, 7:04 pm

Tommy, which one is it?

https://shop.keypublishing.com/collecti ... y-may-2024 or https://shop.keypublishing.com/collecti ... -june-2024
AirshowsNI
2024 shows - Duxford D-Day (both days) Cosford, Armed Forces Day NI, RIAT (3 days) Portrush & Duxford BoB

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Tom does write a great article for AFM and I really recommend having a read of his interview with Peter.

I'm going to keep mentioning the AFM article until the same member stops reporting the posts as being off topic.