FRIAT 2024

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
frank

Re: FRIAT 2024

Post by frank »

Here is what they emailed
Thank you for contacting us. Having said that they sent me a car park passes for friday to monday which I have printed off anyway

We have booked free car passes for Friday, Saturday, and the Sunday, you will receive a separate booking confirmation email. We will not ask to see the car pass, having booked one ensures that we have a record of the number of cars coming to the show.
For Wednesday, Thursday and Monday a car pass is not required.

This seems a bit OTT given that they are trying to reduce paperwork.

JW22

Post by JW22 »

Anyone know if there’s been any sort of update on the fast track entrance at blue?. Would be a bummer to lose that

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

Morning, how does the left luggage system work at the FRIAT enclosure? Are they lockers or a secure storage area? On the Friday I'll be coming straight from home so will have a bit of luggage as well as camera gear.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Item are taken at a desk, labeled and put in containers which are locked in the evening. Make sure you check the time they close so you can get your stuff out before the showground closes.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

NeilDC wrote:
Fri 07 Jun 2024, 6:37 am
Morning, how does the left luggage system work at the FRIAT enclosure? Are they lockers or a secure storage area? On the Friday I'll be coming straight from home so will have a bit of luggage as well as camera gear.
you may want to consider leaving luggage in the car, given that its probably going to be a 100% bag checking procedure on entry.

basically you leave your bag, you get a tag, they store it in a container until you collect it. it's one of my favouite things about FRIAT

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

Cool, thanks for that. I'm not in the car unfortunately. I'm staying in Reading and won't be at the hotel until after Friday's events so I don't want to carry my stuff around all day. Great, I can plan now.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Question re seating - I’m booking FRIAT for the first time, and looking at what’s still available, most tickets appear to the right of the enclosure.

1.) Does sitting to the right of the enclosure (as you’re looking at it from the runway) impede your view in any way?
2.) Does sitting further down the enclosure lead to any obstructed views?
3.) Is there generally a decent amount of room when seated?

Many thanks,
JJC
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I’ve oft wondered that. I usually go as far left as possible, though with the new hangars it doesn’t really make much difference anymore

Berf

Post by Berf »

1. IMHO not really just you are nearer the take off point for many aircraft on the left as you look at it from the runway hence photographers prefer it

2. Not in my experience - just generally people prefer a higher perspective

3. Not in my experience - I would have had half a seat if I had sat at my seat last year - the person was large and they were not the only ones.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I try to get as near an aisle as possible in order not to have to brave the obstacle course of cameras, rucksacks and big feet. I’m on H78 (again)
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

JJC

Post by JJC »

Thanks guys - looking at F-163 for that very reason.

Much appreciated all.

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

frank wrote:
Fri 31 May 2024, 3:39 pm
Here is what they emailed
Thank you for contacting us. Having said that they sent me a car park passes for friday to monday which I have printed off anyway

We have booked free car passes for Friday, Saturday, and the Sunday, you will receive a separate booking confirmation email. We will not ask to see the car pass, having booked one ensures that we have a record of the number of cars coming to the show.
For Wednesday, Thursday and Monday a car pass is not required.

This seems a bit OTT given that they are trying to reduce paperwork.
Car Park pass? Is this something we should all be doing? This seems very "admin heavy".

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

If they don't ask you to show one, why would anybody get one? 🤔

It's a completely superfluous, pointless piece of paper.... 🤷‍♂️

They've said in the past that they assume FRIATers are bringing a car anyway

Jetnoise

Post by Jetnoise »

You do not need to show the parking pass, so not need to print it and thus no waste of paper - it is simply and administrative process to determine traffic flows.
www.ralphluntphotography.com
www.jetnoise.co.uk
There's only one way to skin a cat - with a very sharp knife.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Took the plunge and booked. Looking forwards to it.

Just to confirm, should I receive a physical FRIAT pass / pack in the post?

And should I receive Comms about accessing the FRIAT only area?

Many thanks
JJC

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Jetnoise wrote: You do not need to show the parking pass, so not need to print it and thus no waste of paper - it is simply and administrative process to determine traffic flows.
Until they turn around and start checking them to prevent freeloaders, etc. from parking in the car parks, that is.... :wink:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Bodz156

Post by Bodz156 »

JJC wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 9:38 am
Took the plunge and booked. Looking forwards to it.

Just to confirm, should I receive a physical FRIAT pass / pack in the post?

And should I receive Comms about accessing the FRIAT only area?

Many thanks
JJC
Yes, you will receive an envelope in the post.

There isn't really any comms necessary for accessing the FRIAT area....you just walk up to that area & someone will ask for your pass, you show it to them, & walk in.

If you mean on the website, they should let you know the password/login details but I had to email Wendy for it......there isn't anything in there really essential anyway. 🤷‍♂️

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

Looking at doing FRIAT this year, but want to take my daughter on the Sunday & not go into the grandstand that day. It won't allow me to get a child ticket because it states "A relevant ticket must be purchased alongside this ticket" Anybody else had this problem? Tried ringing but no answer or do I need to contact Wendy via e-mail, if so could some one DM her e-mail.

Thanks.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

bigcrow wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 10:49 am
Looking at doing FRIAT this year, but want to take my daughter on the Sunday & not go into the grandstand that day. It won't allow me to get a child ticket because it states "A relevant ticket must be purchased alongside this ticket" Anybody else had this problem? Tried ringing but no answer or do I need to contact Wendy via e-mail, if so could some one DM her e-mail.

Thanks.
as far as i know, free childrens tickets are not a ticket in themselves so your child ticket has to be booked along side your ticket. normally you'd buy a day ticket and effectively bolt the child to it at the time of purchase. as FRIAT is a week long ticket, you don't have individual day tickets so i don't think it will work in the way you are hoping it will.

i think you'd have to buy a day ticket to bolt your daughter on to

someone may correct me

Mantog

Post by Mantog »

Hi
Any update on what’s happening with the separate FRIAT fastrack entrance from Blue? That was a big benefit of FRIAT for me, would be gutted to lose it

Has14

Post by Has14 »

rockfordstone wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 11:13 am
bigcrow wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 10:49 am

Thanks.
as far as i know, free childrens tickets are not a ticket in themselves so your child ticket has to be booked along side your ticket. normally you'd buy a day ticket and effectively bolt the child to it at the time of purchase. as FRIAT is a week long ticket, you don't have individual day tickets so i don't think it will work in the way you are hoping it will.

i think you'd have to buy a day ticket to bolt your daughter on to

someone may correct me
You could try giving the team a call and seeing if they can do it over the phone with you. I did something similar for my wife and booking an extra enclosure ticket and they were able to do it over the phone with me as the website could not do it. Their contact number is: 01285 713456

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

Any idea when the FRIAT member's zone web page opens up and what kind of stuff is usually in there?

WG655
UKAR Staff

Post by WG655 »

Its already open and at the minute includes a write-up and survey following the FRIAT Forum. Useful bits of info usually get added prior to the show and you'll often be emailed when its been updated.

NeilDC

Post by NeilDC »

WG655 wrote:
Thu 13 Jun 2024, 3:01 pm
Its already open and at the minute includes a write-up and survey following the FRIAT Forum. Useful bits of info usually get added prior to the show and you'll often be emailed when its been updated.
Ah, thanks. I was waiting for a password to be emailed out, I thought I read that a while back. I'll try again now :-)

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

I have probably read right past this info at some point. Can some body confirm what time the blue gate opens for FRIAT members on Thursday morning? I’ll be coming in from Cricklade and assume it’s the usual blue route.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)