22/23rd June.

Looking forward to catching the
Blue Angels, other participants.

Fat Albert ( C130 J) US Marines.
US F16 Demo / Heritage flight
Mustang
C17 Demo

Aside from above mostly civilian acts..

Plenty of USAF Static thou and a German Airfirce A400 of all things .

Primarily going for the Angels and 20 min away from USAF Museum ( by car)

sylvancatharsis

Re: Dayton Airshow 22/23rd June

Post by sylvancatharsis »

I have general admission tickets for Saturday and for the P-51 Club on Sunday. Planning on making my usual pilgrimage to the USAF Museum on either Friday or Monday. If you have another day in the area, there's the Historic WACO Airfield and Museum just up the road in Troy, and about an hour north in Wapakoneta there's the Armstrong Air & Space Museum (hometown of Neil Armstrong, hence the name). I've not been to either yet but planning on checking them out this year.

There were some rumors that Bayou Militia F-15s might participate in the show, but right now it's looking like the rumors were unfounded. Still, should be a good time, and I'm looking forward to seeing the 50th anniversary scheme on the Viper!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

sylvancatharsis wrote:
Tue 11 Jun 2024, 2:39 pm
I have general admission tickets for Saturday and for the P-51 Club on Sunday. Planning on making my usual pilgrimage to the USAF Museum on either Friday or Monday. If you have another day in the area, there's the Historic WACO Airfield and Museum just up the road in Troy, and about an hour north in Wapakoneta there's the Armstrong Air & Space Museum (hometown of Neil Armstrong, hence the name). I've not been to either yet but planning on checking them out this year.

There were some rumors that Bayou Militia F-15s might participate in the show, but right now it's looking like the rumors were unfounded. Still, should be a good time, and I'm looking forward to seeing the 50th anniversary scheme on the Viper!
Cool, have early access photo tour pass sat and general admission Sunday , have you been before, wonder about general layout and if shooting into the Sun, heading to USAF Museum monday and tuesday after the show 👍

sylvancatharsis

AARDVARK wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 8:54 pm
Cool, have early access photo tour pass sat and general admission Sunday , have you been before, wonder about general layout and if shooting into the Sun, heading to USAF Museum monday and tuesday after the show 👍
The crowd line faces north-northwest, so provided the sun is actually out, it'll be behind you all day. Might peek over the left shoulder a little bit at the end, but by no means will your photos be backlit. As for layout, there are a lot of chalets at the front and at show center, a growing trend at US shows unfortunately, but Dayton does have a significantly longer crowd line than many civilian shows, so there's room at the front on either side of the reserved areas, especially if you're turning up early.

I'm thinking about doing the USAF museum on Monday instead of Friday, just to see if the crowds are smaller. It's always jam-packed the day before the show!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

sylvancatharsis wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 11:16 pm
AARDVARK wrote:
Wed 12 Jun 2024, 8:54 pm
The crowd line faces north-northwest, so provided the sun is actually out, it'll be behind you all day. Might peek over the left shoulder a little bit at the end, but by no means will your photos be backlit. As for layout, there are a lot of chalets at the front and at show center, a growing trend at US shows unfortunately, but Dayton does have a significantly longer crowd line than many civilian shows, so there's room at the front on either side of the reserved areas, especially if you're turning up early.

I'm thinking about doing the USAF museum on Monday instead of Friday, just to see if the crowds are smaller. It's always jam-packed the day before the show!
Thanks for the info , fingers crossed the weather improves on latest forecast, might see you at Museum on monday 👍

sylvancatharsis

...and I just canceled my plans to attend. No way I can endure the kind of heat they're forecasting.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

sylvancatharsis wrote:
Sun 16 Jun 2024, 8:06 pm
...and I just canceled my plans to attend. No way I can endure the kind of heat they're forecasting.
That’s a shame.. yes i see it’s going to be 35” , fortunately i used to live in Australia so Iam still somewhat acclimatised to it!