Sywell Air Show 2024 Movie

Aviation related video clips and links
MacauleySPhotography

Sywell Air Show 2024 Movie

Post by MacauleySPhotography »

Hi everyone finally my Sywell 2024 movie is out. I tried to do a bit more story telling with this one. As always feedback is welcome.

After 10 years of absence Sywell air show returned to the circuit and it came out swinging with announcements left right and centre and quickly became the most anticipated show of the year. A highlight of the show was The Flying bulls with their B-25,P38,P51 and F4U corsair combo display and the 7 ship spitfire mass formation.
Equipment used
Sony A7SIII Sony
200-600
Sachtler ACE XL
Rode NTG MIC

Berf

Re: Sywell Air Show 2024 Movie

Post by Berf »

I find some of the cuts too fast. It does not have to be 2:17 for me - it can be up to five minutes. You just start enjoying a bit and bang it's gone. Different if it is for a trailer but it is meant to be a mini movie. Other gripe would be fast cuts when the action is left to right into the next which is right to left which makes me go cross eyed and is uncomfortable to watch. Like the slow motion a lot though.

MacauleySPhotography

Post by MacauleySPhotography »

Berf wrote:
Sun 07 Jul 2024, 7:03 pm
I find some of the cuts too fast. It does not have to be 2:17 for me - it can be up to five minutes. You just start enjoying a bit and bang it's gone. Different if it is for a trailer but it is meant to be a mini movie. Other gripe would be fast cuts when the action is left to right into the next which is right to left which makes me go cross eyed and is uncomfortable to watch. Like the slow motion a lot though.
Hi thanks for the feedback, yeah so with regards the the length, I did a RIAT 2023 video and the feedback I got was that it was to long so I decided I will stay under 3 mins now if I can as the average attention span has gone from 30 mins to 8 seconds now, So I try and get them hooked at the beginning. The fast cut's was something I stopped doing then the video tempo didn't feel right but also the fast cut's are a marmite thing some people like them and others don't.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Commercial movie length average has increased a lot in the last year - go with the trend - don't pander to the goldfish (but it does not have to be 143mins!). You say you are trying to tell a story so tell it - maybe you are trying to please everyone which will never work.

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Failure to hold an interesting shot for more than a second is the biggest gripe I have in movies and TV. Be better than the supposed pros and give enthusiasts what they want. There's a big gap between that and Kevin Costner's inability to distinguish a movie from a mini-series.

Orion

Post by Orion »

Berf wrote:
Sun 07 Jul 2024, 7:03 pm
Yeah I have this problem too. Sometimes a shot has to be 7 seconds long particularly for fast flypasts but it can also be many minutes.
I was impressed with the panning technique, clearly on a tripod which is good and something I was never able to master (I always used a shoulder pod because of this).
Sorry for the criticisms, not intended to wound and I hope they don't.