MAKS

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: MAKS

Post by Skyflash »

Is that not a G-222 as opposed to a C-27J? Very similar admittedly, and both excellent displays.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Flankerman

Post by Flankerman »

Skyflash wrote:Is that not a G-222 as opposed to a C-27J? Very similar admittedly, and both excellent displays.

Doh!!! :facepalm:

Don't I feel stoopid......

I can only claim old age.......

Ken

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

A Flight programme has now been added http://www.aviasalon.com/en/static/page/flight_program.htm

Highlights include the four Russian aerobatic teams "Russian Knights", "Strizhi", "Russian Falcons" and "Rus" .

PAK FA fighter of the Fifth generation will take part in the flight program for 1st time

"Search and Rescue" with participation of Ka-226Т Mi-34S1 helicopters;
“Anti-terror” with participation of Ka-52 Mi-28NE, Mi-8 helicopters.

Su-35, MiG-35, Su-30 MK2 (flying?) and Sukhoi superjet-100

Russian Air Force static Tu-160, A-50, Tu-95, Su-27 SM, MiG-29SMT, Su-24M, Su-25SM, Su-34, MiG-31B, Jak-130
helicopters Ka-52, Mi-26, Mi-8 MTV-5, Mi-28.

Ukraine An-225 Mriya and An-158

А-380
French Rafale
Italian C27J
USA F15 Demo

This looks like it is going to be worth the trip, providing my passport and visa is found by the 'special delivery' courier :facepalm:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

flybynight wrote: Tu-160, Tu-95, Su-24M, MiG-31B

Yes yes yes :yahoo:

frank

Post by frank »

DeanW wrote:
flybynight wrote: Tu-160, Tu-95, Su-24M, MiG-31B

Yes yes yes :yahoo:

But these are static and they will be terrible to photograph or am I missing something

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Maybe you're missing the fact that it's a Blackjack, Bear, Fencer and Foxhound?! Could only dream of seeing stuff like that before! :drool:

emkey83

Post by emkey83 »

frank wrote:[But these are static and they will be terrible to photograph or am I missing something

You are right :wink:

frank

Post by frank »

DeanW wrote:Maybe you're missing the fact that it's a Blackjack, Bear, Fencer and Foxhound?! Could only dream of seeing stuff like that before! :drool:

You are right but I just hate trying to photograph with all the people and cones and stuff - I just dont get the same satisfaction.

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

DeanW wrote:Maybe you're missing the fact that it's a Blackjack, Bear, Fencer and Foxhound?! Could only dream of seeing stuff like that before! :drool:

And the one Soviet bomber I'd love to see again and it's not even on the list! :tongue:

You can't beat a Backfire!

Flankerman

Post by Flankerman »

frank wrote:You are right but I just hate trying to photograph with all the people and cones and stuff - I just dont get the same satisfaction.

If you wait until the late afternoon - when the crowds start to go home - it isn't too bad......

These from 2009 - when the weather was crap...

I took this early in the morning (just in case) - having waited for ten minutes to get most of them out of the way ......

.... and this late in the afternoon....

If you can get in on the 'trade' days, it's even better - these were taken on a Wednesday in 2007...

Ken

emkey83

Post by emkey83 »

MAKS is maybe the last opportunity to see the Russian Knights and the Swifts :sad:

frank

Post by frank »

ok trying to suss out the flying program - this is what I can see so far
Knights, Falcons, Strizhi, Rus display team, PAK FA, ,A380,Rafale,G27,F15 plus Helos Ka226, Mi34,Ka52,Mi28,Mi8
Can anyone add any more ?

Flankerman

Post by Flankerman »

Latest news is that PAK FA (Sukhoi T50) will not be based at Zhukovsky for the show.

So it will only be doing a flight display, not taking off or landing.

I would guess they'll base it at nearby Chkalovskaya.

Ken

Preben

Post by Preben »

It would be nice to know if PAKFA is going to take part in the flying display all the days or not...

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

How difficult is it to get to the show without going on a tour,Iam currently going with Ian Allan but also want to visit the show more than twice.

Also do the display teams only perform on public days?

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

AARDVARK wrote:How difficult is it to get to the show without going on a tour,Iam currently going with Ian Allan but also want to visit the show more than twice.

I,m hoping it will be easy by the electric train from Moscow. From their website it looks like we follow the crowds from Otdih Station!
From Kazanskiy Railway Station (Komsomolskaya metro station) or from Vykhino metro station to Otdih Station and the 42nd km Station
Free shuttle buses will take the guests to the airfield of MAKS from Otdih Station.
During the period of MAKS, between August 16, 2011 and August 21, 2011, Russian Railways will run additional trains between Moscow and Ramenskoye. The amount of the additional trains on holidays will be considerably increased.

I'm going solo on both Saturday and Sunday, and maybe Friday depending on how easy it is to get through Border control! (I have now recieved my VISA so that's a good start!)

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Does anyone know if the display teams only appear on public days?

TheSpur8

Post by TheSpur8 »

HI. Million dollar question but does anyone have any idea when we will see a more accurate list of what is taking part both static and flying? Or is it a case of waiting till we get there?
Cheers
Canon 7D2,
Canon 5D3,
EF100-400L mk2 4.5-5.6 IS,
EFS17-55 2.8 IS,
EF28-70L

Flankerman

Post by Flankerman »

TheSpur8 wrote:HI. Million dollar question but does anyone have any idea when we will see a more accurate list of what is taking part both static and flying? Or is it a case of waiting till we get there?
Cheers

The latter - from past experience.

Ken

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

Looks like this will be the last chance to see the Russian Knights and Swifts, budget cuts have now reached Russia....

http://aerobaticteams.net/news/russian-knights-and-swifts-will-disbanded.html

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Does anyone know if the display teams only appear on public days?

Preben

Post by Preben »

Hi guys, about getting to MAKS ... I read a lot of things about public transports and about the "madness" to use them.
I was wondering, if you are three or four people, why don't use a taxi ??
Of course it could be more expensive, but with car pooling... anybody has been there to tell me if the taxi is a bad idea??

Thank you

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Preben wrote:Hi guys, about getting to MAKS ... I read a lot of things about public transports and about the "madness" to use them.
Of course it could be more expensive, but with car pooling... anybody has been there to tell me if the taxi is a bad idea??

Thank you

Good idea,myself and another want to do this on Sunday

Preben

Post by Preben »

AARDVARK wrote:
Preben wrote:Hi guys, about getting to MAKS ... I read a lot of things about public transports and about the "madness" to use them.

Thank you

sorry, I'm going there on Tuesday...
But is for sure it won't cost a whole bank account to take the taxi ?? :dizzy:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Preben wrote:
AARDVARK wrote:

Thank you

sorry, I'm going there on Tuesday...
But is for sure it won't cost a whole bank account to take the taxi ?? :dizzy:

Well i arrive early on Tuesday morning,so have free day ,would be happy to attend the show and share a taxi this day aswell,depends what time you plan to get there and if trade tickets are available for this day,do want to go Sunday to see extended flying display.