Russian Air Force Centenary show

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
KAM68

Re: Russian Air Force Centenary show

Post by KAM68 »

spaceward wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet on the Ticket promo code front ? Or anything else for that matter.

I have it on good info that there will also be a Public Day on the Friday as well as Sunday ! Anyone else heard anything on that ?

I've just received my code. Following the link provided there are two dates to choose from, the Friday and the Sunday. This is the important bit: Attention! After activation code Booked tickets must be obtained within 48 hours in Moscow

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

Hi guys !

Totally puzzled..... I've just received an e-mail to receive a free ticket and you choose so select either the airshow taking place on 10th or 12th !

So first big news, friday and sunday are open to grand public !............. :yahoo:

But take care, after activation code Booked tickets must be obtained within 48 hours in Moscow ! So don't click now !!! :wave:

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Too late - I have already clicked! I am a bit confused now because when my original application failed I emailed the sponser and the organiser then I managed to complete the competitionon for both myself and my wife - and then filled out the international form so not really sure which of those has sent me the ticket application. I have emailed the contact address on the latest email to see if they can post the tickets to my hotel.

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

Too bad... :sad:
I hope you'll succeed to get your tickets however.
After insertion of your code, you saved and continued to next step, was it just to fill in for 1 person or both of you ?...

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Each application can order 3 tickets - so thankfully if all else fails I still have my wifes application that I could fill out on Wednesday - asuming there are still tickets left. I am hoping that the international application will be a bit more user friendly

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

... sorry but I don't understand. :loser: ... You mention "I am hoping that the international application will be a bit more user friendly"... does it mean that you used the russian one to get the 1st code ?....

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

OK,
As my new code hadn't arrived yesterday afternoon I jumped the gun yesterday evening and went on the parter.ru web site only to find that the tickets for both Friday and Sunday were listed as available. I filled out the relevant bits and pieces using the original code I was given when I first registered on the original Russian Nationals set up before the Foreign Nationals application link was launched (more than once I have to admit as things went a bit awol on a couple of things ) . This all went OK including an email saying that the tickets were all sorted . Then I re - read the translation only to reliase that I have to collect them tomorrow ????? Oooooops ! I emailed them to ask if they could either hold the tickets or post them to my hotel. Haven't heard anything back yet so not looking to good. I'll have to wait and see if I get my Foreign National codes and if it lets me I'll then try again.
To be honest I don't understand anything about these tickets , promo codes etc etc it seems a bit confusing to me. I have now booked tickets with my unique code, I can't collect them tomorrow so do they go to someone else with a different unique code or are they still mine but just sat on a shelf. If I do get another unique code and wait until Tuesday to book will they all be gone ? If so whats the point of rigistering for tickets if you can't get them ? Whats the point of a unique code if the tickets don't stay with the code / person ???!!! Where's the Paracetamols !!!!! :dizzy:
Anyone else booked up and arriving early to collect tickets ???
As for Fridays Show does it mention anywhere yet whether the display is on or is it just the Exhibition , Static etc ?
God my Head Hurts !!!!

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

Okkkkkk ! your explanations are more understandable now :up:
You got a code from the form dedicated to the russian citizens (available just 1 day after validation on Parter.ru) and now you're waiting wednesday to subscribe with your foreigners' code and collect it within the following 48h...
You won't be able to receive your tickets at your hotel unfortunately. I've just been on Parter.ru and it's written about it with no doubt. But normally if you register wednesday with your international code, you should be able to get your tickets in Moscow, since it seems possible to get 3 max tickets with 1 code (I hope I read well...).
I guess the programm (static and flying display) will be the same from 10th to 12th.....
But it's true that we'll really deserve to get there !..... too complicated for my brain, any paracetamols left ?........ :dizzy:

patcarty2

Post by patcarty2 »

If you are going to Russia late next week, and think you may have problem geting a promo code due to tickets running out, drop me an email at: militarymatters2@aol.com.

Pat

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

spaceward wrote:As for Fridays Show does it mention anywhere yet whether the display is on or is it just the Exhibition , Static etc ?

The programme of activities says that the flight programme is the same but it is a rehearsals day.

At the the moment 15250 promo codes have been requested. On that basis, should each request take the max. 3 tickets, 54000 tickets are still available! The Muscovites are well known for being very last minute.com so hopefully they won't request their tickets until Thursday!!

That is my 'half pint full' take on all this!

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

I spoke to a lady at parter.ru yesterday and she said..... "once the 48 hrs are up they go back on the electronic system then you ca re-book them for another 48 hrs etc etc untill you catch the 48 hr window when you can collect them as they aren't printed out untill collection, just on the electronic system " Or someone can pick them up for you.
Anyone tried that yet ?

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

I translated the flight program in french. If you're interested, you can send me your email to receive the Excel file. :snack:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Just tried the suggestion from the Lady I spoke to on Saturday at Parter.Ru rgarding re booking tickets after 48 hours and guess what ? It doesn't work. 1 code , 1 shot no re booking on the same code.
I guess it's going to be "Kris Kris Tofferson!" or bust on the ticket front. If you've still got a code wait untill you can get to the ticket office within 48 hours of booking. Just hope that there are some left .

Ronald Reagan

Post by Ronald Reagan »

I have never in my life seen such a complicated or insane way to run an airshow. Best of luck to those of you who are going.

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Ding Ding !! All change.......

And now it gets even more complicated. Now you can only collect the tickets yourself as you need to present your passport. Someone else can book and collect the tickets for you themselves and then pass them on to you but you can't book them yourself and get them to pick them up for you as they will need your passport !!!! If you are taking a child of 14 or under you even need their Birth Certificate ????
Is this the most complicated system for tickets or what ?
If this is the only way to get tickets I don't hold out much hope . How are Ian Allan et al going to get tickets if the maximum is 3 and you need to present your passport etc ? :wall:

patcarty2

Post by patcarty2 »

A new link is about to be posted for those arriving late in the week, so they can reserve a ticket, and then collect it on production of a passport/driving licence.

A second pickup point will also be available at: Lotte Hotel (2 floor) 8 bld.2, Novinskiy Blvd which is near Smolenskaya metro station

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Thats a relief - look forwards to seeing the link. Does anyone know whats happening with the international application process - we are supposed to get an email confirmation but no way of knowing if thats actually happening - and thats with 4 days before I fly out.

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

I received an email a few days ago but it went into my spam folder so you might want to check yours!

tomcat_69

Post by tomcat_69 »

I've just received another e-mail for confirmation but it sadly indicates that it's just valid for 1 person... :sad:
And since we are 2, I thought I could get another tichet for sunday (at first, 3 tickets could be delivered for each subscription) but it seems to be dedicated for russian citizens only... :sad:

However, I'm very hangry because the link make it possible to get the tickets just for "Sunday" while it was possible to choose on the previsous one to attend either friday and sunday !!!! and the weather forecast for sunday seem to be rainy ! Anyway, I'll try my first link to choose friday, we'll see if it'll works.... any paracetamols left ?... :dizzy:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Also interestingly, it talks about a 13-digit code, while the code I received is nowhere near 13 digits. These people are making my head spin! :dizzy:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

I've received another email from the 100letvvs.ru site saying that I can now only book 1 ticket for Sunday Show with your code. 1 slight problem , there is no code in my email ?
Bloody hell this is a nightmare ! :dunno:

Peter1943

Post by Peter1943 »

Same problem.....received email advising where/when to collect a ticket, but no 13 digit promo code received.

Any ideas where to obtain this code ??

Peter

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Also this is what it states in the booking link......

Reserved tickets shall be collected until 12.08.2012 17:00, but not later than terms mentioned in confirmation email or during shopping process.

But what happens when I get an confermation email stating tha I have to collect within 48 hours ie this clause...

Reserved tickets shall be collected until 12.08.2012 17:00, but not later than terms mentioned in confirmation email or during shopping process.

Has anyone booked anything yet ? and what does the confirmation email say ?

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Wait, perhaps I should try reading comprehension :wink:
I haven't tried it yet, not going to take any chances with the bloody 48hour thing, but there's a promo code, which you need to reserve the ticket. I *assume* that you get the 13 digit confirmation code when you've done that, and that's what you have to take to the ticket office. Does that make sense?

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Hi Peter1943,
Yes that's correct. During the booking process you get a 13 digit code which you need to copy and paste somewhere or right it all down etc as it's not contained in your confirmation email.
I found all this out when I jumped the gun last Friday and booked my tickets only to find that I had 48 hours to collect ! Duuugh !!
Here's hoping I get a second chance with my new code, when it arrives !
Peter1943, have you booked your tickets online and if so does it state in your confirmation email about the 48 hour coolection