Russian Air Force Centenary show

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Chrisse

Re: Russian Air Force Centenary show

Post by Chrisse »

Over 1000 people already filled it out to get tickets, I think you'll see the competition stop when the counter reaches a certain point. The current quiz wasn't online yet when the document you refer to was posted, so it all points that this quiz is the way they're distributing these 100000 tickets, and without a Russian passport you're "SOL".

Peter1943

Post by Peter1943 »

Chrisse
TIA
Where is the information regarding the 1000 people and the Form? I cant seem to find the link

Many Thanks

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

It's what is called the competition page here.
http://100letvvs.ru/?r=ticket&
Counter now at 1469.
I just received an email from the organizers also pointing to that page as the only source for tickets. I pointed the problem with passports out to them but not sure to what avail.

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

Antheii was kind enough to explain how to fill it in:

http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?p=591232#p591232

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Kind, but which does not help as long as you cannot submit due to not having a Russian passport :facepalm:
Interesting to make a middle name mandatory, especially as I don't have one. Shall I sue my parents for damages? :grin:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Well what a right Royal Knees Up !!

I just went for it and filled in all required points for the questions and guess what ? I got a reply saying "congratulations you have won a unique promotion for a ticket" ????

How the hell did that happen ???? What the hell happens now I have no idea. Probably get an email saying I need to collect my ticket from an office in Novosibirsk in the next 2 days or forfit my ticket !!

Get on the site boys, fill in with anything and see what happens. It can only go wrong Rodders ! I bet someone at Ian Allans got blisters on their fingers typing like hell to get the online form filled in.

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

Another odd thing is that on this site http://www.function.mil.ru/news_page/co ... 708@egNews it said that with 1 ticket 3 people can enter but there is no mention of that when you do the quiz. If one ticket indeed gives access for 3 there might be people in the queue at the gate who can take someone inside.

Koen

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Spaceward, you're a bloody genius! :yahoo: :rock:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

I take it it worked for you as well then ? I'll let you know the commision fees :biggrin:

Just out of interest , did you enter your actual Passport number or just made something up ?

But BE WARNED ! You only get one crack at it as soon as you enter your detaills so if you get something wrong once entered you can't re - apply. I know cos my mate tried !

God knows what 100000 people all at the same place at the same time is going to be like ? That's if I get the dam ticket !

Koen L

Post by Koen L »

You only get one crack per passportnumber, not per name. :wink:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Exactly, with a single entry per name, I'd be properly screwed in my country :grin:

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

I just tried the competition but having answered the questions correctly it will not accept my passport number - Is there some trick - but no doubt if you make up a number they will want to see your passport to match it with the ticket at the entry gate.

Bit of a pain having paid out for flights, hotel and visa for me and my wife

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Spaceward - was there a section to enter your email address? I assume it must appear after you enter your passport number but in my case the form just hangs after I enter my passport number and hit the enter button (or whatever its labelled on the website)

I have sent emails to the sponsor and to the web Q&A section and also given them a link to this forum - lets hope we can get some assistance

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Hi Folks,

All I did was answer the questions , filled in personall details and Passport number. I entered the first 4 numbers in the 1st box then the rest in the second box. Then I clicked enter then a page came up saying Congratulations etc with a code which I needed to print off. I think something will be posted later this week to say what you need to do to use your promo number to get your tickets. That's the bit I'm not holding out much hope on as you probably need to get to a Ticket Distributer before a certain date to claim your tickets.

I have emailed the site a couple of times regarding the Airshow , tickets etc and they have replied to say that the Show is only for public on Sunday. NO PUBLIC , their text ! on Saturday, only Delegates and Polititions. No public access near to the Airfield etc etc.

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Also , I asked on the Q&A section and had a reply from someone but their email address starts sonyvideo@ etc etc and he asked for my Name and Passport details so he could log me as needing tickets. Anyone else had this email address as a reply to anything ?

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

I had some problems with the website locking up when using google chrome - but the great thing with google chrome is that it has instant translation. I did the questionaire using internet explorer and everything seemed to work except when I went to print out the ticket/confiirmation - I kept getting a "script running" error. which has messed up my application - I managed to obtain a confirmation number but its using western alphabet so not sure its any use. I did manage to get one for my wife. To get around the print problem (and enable you to save a copy of the confirmation slip) when you go to print do not select a printer - you should see various options on the print menu for your computer - one being MS XPS document printer - just print to that after giving the file a name and then you will have a copy that you can open and print from as many times as you want.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

The one thing that every Russian I've been in touch with has told me is to stay away as far as possible from the base on Saturday unless you want to have a very nasty encounter with security services. It seems they take Putin's security very seriously.

Mathew, I did the entire thing in Cyrillic and the code still came as Latin alphabet.

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Chrisse wrote:The one thing that every Russian I've been in touch with has told me is to stay away as far as possible from the base on Saturday unless you want to have a very nasty encounter with security services. It seems they take Putin's security very seriously.

Mathew, I did the entire thing in Cyrillic and the code still came as Latin alphabet.

My contact in Russia phones the ministry who said it would be ok to view the show outside,they can't stop you accessing a village on foot,just be sensible about where you go,you do seem a bit of a doom and gloom merchant Chrissie,all your posts seem very despondent,try being a bit more positive :cool:

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

I think your right Aardvark. Think positive !!??? Although I must admit I 'm always a bit negative so that when it goes pear shaped it's not to dissapointing but if everything goes OK it's even better than hoped for .
At last years MAKS we went on the Wednesday and Thursday and Putin was walking around the Exhibition halls after the flying display and although the security was pretty hot we got within 20 / 25 feet of him as he walked with his entourage from one hall to another.
I think the answers we're all getting are basically the Ministry saying don't come too close as we'll have to do something and we don't know what or we can't be arsed !
Maybe turn up, walk to see if you can get to a clear area and see how it goes. They can only say NO ! Well ,that and take your cameras , cart you off in a Jeep and lock you away for the rest of the day ! No really , seen it all in the past at MAKS ,although not to me thankfully as I managed to blag my way out with a little pigeon Russian.

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Please can I ask, has anyone had the promo code come back in Cyrillic or is everyones in Latin ( English )

Oh and yes , re my previous email , just had this from the organisers........

Sorry, but no. It's imposible. The 11th is for delegations only.

But as that is for access to the Show I'll go for a stroll around the perimiter. Anyone know the best place ? As you look at the base on Google the road running around the left hand end doesn't look like it's too obscured by much but it maybe a bit close to the Base. Anyone know someone in the Town with a roof top terrace ??????

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Perhaps my impressions are being coloured a little by the friendly Russian consulate in Brussels which would give anyone a far from fuzzy feeling.
I really do hope things work out, but I also accept things work very different there, I'm with Spaceward on that one, don't expect too much, you'll be all the more pleasantly surprised if it all works out perfectly in the end. I prefer to err on the side of caution. That said, I know someone (fortunately for him Russian-speaking) who went spotting at their Foxbat base last year but was keeping an extremely low (as in hiding) profile. Didn't take long for security to wander over to him though to ask him to please stand up so they could keep an eye on him more easily :biggrin: Perhaps this is all an elaborate effort to avoid being overrun by great masses of people by putting in some 'hurdles'? Just like any show, they must have a max capacity at which point they have to put up the 'sold out' sign.

Had another email reply from the organizing office regarding the foreign passports, referring me to another email address with my question. Belgians and Russians have at least that quality in common, not to mention their poor IT-guy probably has a fulltime job creating new email accounts to refer people to :grin:

I suppose the best place would be somewhere near the village south of the base, but on the same river bank as the airfield? Sun in a good position, definitely counting on sun!

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Ha!
http://100letvvs.ru/?r=question&s=003
Look at that, especially for foreigners! Going to use that one, like I said, I prefer to be safe :biggrin:
Last edited by Chrisse on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

st24

Post by st24 »

And what looks like the definitive programme... :heyhey:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... %26s%3D002
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

mathewjg

Post by mathewjg »

Excellent - it seems to to be coming together now - lets hope that we actually get entry tickets!

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Has anyone heard anything yet on the Ticket promo code front ? Or anything else for that matter.

I have it on good info that there will also be a Public Day on the Friday as well as Sunday ! Anyone else heard anything on that ?