la Ferta Alais 2014

Arrange to meet fellow members at a particular event/location
Screechy

la Ferta Alais 2014

Post by Screechy »

3 already going via car so there's 1 spot left. Leaving from Essex on the Friday morning (6th) via the tunnel and returning late on Sunday night. If you fancy it then let me know, if you don't then enjoy seeing the same old aircraft as usual at Cosford (in the rain) :)

Warning this trip will include endless stories of times when we should have had our cameras with us, the ones that got away, shows we say we'll go to but never do and of course that one when the guy standing next to us was just taking pictures of the local talent whilst pretending to photograph aircraft etc etc

Chrisse

Re: la Ferta Alais 2014

Post by Chrisse »

Not from England so won't join but that just about sums up the experience of a spotter trip abroad. :lol:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Screechy wrote: If you fancy it then let me know, if you don't then enjoy seeing the same old aircraft as usual at Cosford (in the rain) :)

Lets hope Cosford is as wet and rainy as last year then! :tongue2:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

capercaillie wrote:
Screechy wrote: If you fancy it then let me know, if you don't then enjoy seeing the same old aircraft as usual at Cosford (in the rain) :)

Lets hope Cosford is as wet and rainy as last year then! :tongue2:

Haha yeah this is true and la Ferte Alais was pretty dull and wet as well but that was a reversal on the usual weather fortunes

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

Have been hoping to get to this show for a few years now - but my car isn't reliable enough to risk breaking down so far away from home! How easy is LFA to get the train to? I'm savvy on the Eurostar stuff but looking at the regional train timetables it looks like it takes over 2 hours to get from Paris to LFA and I would have to leave the show early to get home...?

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

Not sure on train access to la Ferte Alais. I normally just get the train across to Calais and then continue to drive from there. Takes a bit of time mind you and the Paris ring road is NEVER much fun.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

There is a local trainstation of the RER not too far from La Ferté. It's quite a long while from downtown Paris though from what I remember. I seem to remember a steep walk up the hill during the morning, at night, it was all downhill, literally :)

Screechy

Post by Screechy »

Just over 2 weeks to go and we've just booked JU52 flights out of the show for the Sunday. If you've never been to La Ferte you really should try it.

frank

Post by frank »

tommo999 wrote:Have been hoping to get to this show for a few years now - but my car isn't reliable enough to risk breaking down so far away from home! How easy is LFA to get the train to? I'm savvy on the Eurostar stuff but looking at the regional train timetables it looks like it takes over 2 hours to get from Paris to LFA and I would have to leave the show early to get home...?

I looked at this as an option a few years back but felt you needed a taxi from station to airshow. Not aware of any shuttle buses but maybe the exist now.
Btw really enjoyed the show, great photo pops all round .