Eelmore Bridge - parking trade days query

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
D1Scafellpike

Eelmore Bridge - parking trade days query

Post by D1Scafellpike »

Having seen the Tow Away zone signs by the bridge I drove past and ended up walking a good mile back to the Bridge yesterday (Tuesday) only to find quite a few cars parked between cones, including on Laffans Road, with some arriving after I did. Do whoever create the restrictions not mind as long as you are off the road ?

The car park along the A323 at the junction with Rushmoor Road was "coaches only" and Rushmoor Road has been signed as a towaway zone and had cones along at least part of it. Once again, if parked totally off road are vehicles still taken away ?

I was hoping to visit again Wed or Thur so any advice as to where to park would be appreciated. I spent most of Tuesday afternoon wondering if I would have a car to retturn to !

K213

Re: Eelmore Bridge - parking trade days query

Post by K213 »

Back in April I made the following enquiry;

"I shall be attending Farnborough on the 18th July and wondered if there was parking available just over Eelmoor Bridge off Laffans Rd (approached via the A323 Fleet Road)."

Andy Coulson (Head of Airshow Operations) replied;

"The answer is yes! via Gate I into car park 7."

On the basis of his response this is where I am intending to head to re parking (and will be annoyed if this does not prove to be the case).

Hope this helps.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

It is not clear in either of the 2 posts above (or the enquiry?) whether it is your intention to enter the Showground with a valid ticket, or park & view from the vicinity of the bridge. These unclear requests will lead to incorrect responses. Apologies if I missed the clues during the re-read of the Posts. Good Luck!! :dunno:

D1Scafellpike

Post by D1Scafellpike »

Stagger2 wrote:It is not clear in either of the 2 posts above (or the enquiry?) whether it is your intention to enter the Showground with a valid ticket, or park & view from the vicinity of the bridge. These unclear requests will lead to incorrect responses. Apologies if I missed the clues during the re-read of the Posts. Good Luck!! :dunno:

I won't be entering the showground..just park and view from outside. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

K213

Post by K213 »

I will be attending the show/entering the show ground as I have a trade ticket.

Sorry for not mentioning earlier.

shorsley

Post by shorsley »

K213 - I entered through Gate I yesterday (Tuesday) and had no problems getting in, or parking. The guard checked my Trade pass at the entry point, and then it was scanned a further way in at the entrance to the carpark. I was probably initially checked as I turned up in my beaten-up Corsa, so didn't look like the typical trade delegate.

Just follow the signs to Gate I and then park up in the carpark and catch the bus, only problem is that it takes a bit longer for the bus due to there not being as many people at this entrance and it waits longer to fill up, but it was still probably quicker than using the entrance that everyone else was using.

D1Scafellpike - As for parking outside there were a few people who were watching from just inside the bridge, and a few cars parked there. I thinks it's up to who's doing the security and marshaling up there as to whether they have the powers that be tow you away. I know it doesn't really answer your question, but that's what it seemed like yesterday.
"I have a good pilot and a safe pilot."

Flickr

K213

Post by K213 »

Thanks for the information - I will proceed as planned

D1Scafellpike

Post by D1Scafellpike »

shorsley wrote:D1Scafellpike - As for parking outside there were a few people who were watching from just inside the bridge, and a few cars parked there. I thinks it's up to who's doing the security and marshaling up there as to whether they have the powers that be tow you away. I know it doesn't really answer your question, but that's what it seemed like yesterday.

I popped up there again on Wed and Thur. I parked off road by the bridge with no problems. A few drivers were asked to move their vehicles when they parked partially obstructing the gate. Staff told me the policing of the parking is down to the local authority who turn up and issue parking tickets. If that's the case I wouldn't risk parking a vehicle and leaving it out of sight !

Cars were coming and going so its pot luck as to whether space available.