MCAS Cherry Point airshow

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
kph100

MCAS Cherry Point airshow

Post by kph100 »

http://www.cherrypointairshow.com/

Has anyone been to this airshow in North Carolina. Its on when in the states for two weeks and considering a divert to visit for one of the days.

capercaillie

Re: MCAS Cherry Point airshow

Post by capercaillie »

Yes in 1995, good show with a large static back then, access to the maintenance depot in the morning with various airframes in states of repair and QF-4 conversions going on. Flying display started with sun slightly in front early morning but had moved behind you as the day went on, excellent Marines air ground tactical demo, with all types in the air culminating in the KC-130 hooked up to AV-8B and EA-6B with F-18s in formation.

I'd recommend it if you're in the area. :up:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

sylvancatharsis

Post by sylvancatharsis »

It's certainly worth your while if you're in the area. I've never been disappointed by a show at a Marine base (weather notwithstanding). The MAGTF alone is worth attending for, and this year already has a pretty solid looking lineup, especially if they're serious about putting that Mohawk up!

If I recall correctly, you park on a remote section of the airfield and they bus you to the static display and crowd line areas. If you arrive early enough, you'll be whisked across within minutes of parking.
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

st24

Post by st24 »

capercaillie wrote:Yes in 1995, good show with a large static back then, access to the maintenance depot in the morning with various airframes in states of repair and QF-4 conversions going on. Flying display started with sun slightly in front early morning but had moved behind you as the day went on, excellent Marines air ground tactical demo, with all types in the air culminating in the KC-130 hooked up to AV-8B and EA-6B with F-18s in formation.

21 years ago!!!.... :shock: :wall: time.. :tumbleweed:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

st24 wrote:
capercaillie wrote:Yes in 1995, good show with a large static back then, access to the maintenance depot in the morning with various airframes in states of repair and QF-4 conversions going on. Flying display started with sun slightly in front early morning but had moved behind you as the day went on, excellent Marines air ground tactical demo, with all types in the air culminating in the KC-130 hooked up to AV-8B and EA-6B with F-18s in formation.

21 years ago!!!.... :shock: :wall: time.. :tumbleweed:

Yes, almost as long ago as the OP asked the question. :grin:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/