Aircraft Illustrated — May 2009

News about 'Aircraft' and 'Combat Aircraft' magazines
Ben Dunnell

Aircraft Illustrated — May 2009

Post by Ben Dunnell »

The May issue of Aircraft comes out next Friday, 10 April — or, if you're a subscriber, a week tomorrow. Time again, then, for a preview of the contents.

The final 'Foxbats'
It's now almost 40 years since the first recce MiG-25s introduced the type service with the Soviet AF — now, the Russian AF is planning to retire its last 'Foxbats', again recce versions, this year. We examine the fascinating history of these mighty Cold War-era jets, with exclusive action photography.

The great airport debate
When industry representatives and experts got together in London to debate the future of the UK's airport and airline industries, our reporter Bruce Hales-Dutton was there too.

Czech Air Power
Zord Gabor Laszlo provides an in in-depth briefing on the Czech Air Force as it prepares for its most significant deployments of the modern era.

The 25-year old Virgin
You've seen the TV ads — now read the article. Aircraft looks back 25 years at the birth of Virgin Atlantic Airways.

Airshow Legends — Air Tattoo: The Greenham years
Part two of our series of articles on the history of the Air Tattoo covers the show's development during a marvellous decade at Greenham Common.

Opening the Skies
Dr Kevin Wright details the world of Open Skies overflights.

Joining the Jet2.com set
A 'from the flightdeck' report on a Jet2.com Boeing 737 flight from Newcastle to Pisa — PLUS! Your chance to win Jet2.com tickets

Canberra at 60
It's my personal favourite aircraft, so I'm delighted that our Canberra 60th anniversary tribute should see us bringing you one of the best articles we've carried in recent times, as Robb Metcalfe recalls his experiences at the controls of this great British classic.

PLUS — All the regulars, including special news reports on the F-15SE Silent Eagle and the prospects for Bombardier's CSeries.

DeanW

Re: Aircraft Illustrated — May 2009

Post by DeanW »

I've got my first published image in this mag, a snap of a Lightning on page 20. I'm chuffed, have yet to see it though! :biggrin:

PeterR

Re: Aircraft Illustrated — May 2009

Post by PeterR »

Dunk wrote:I got 2 shots in the Open Skies story apparently...Thankyou AI!

Yeah, well done! :clap: