Canon 800D & Sigma 150-600 C
Dudley, West Midlands

Shows I'm Attending in 2020:

Well Um..

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS: Gazelle

Post by Wissam24 »

The flight model is pants, but is meant to be improved at some point. Limited and very specific armament. Otherwise it's pretty neatly modelled, good fun to buzz around in, using the TV system to target stuff while hiding just behind a hill (and, with 2.5, foliage) is quite good fun. It's also the only helicopter right now with multicrew (although I think it's actually broken right now!), and it really is awesome to fly around with a buddy in the same machine (same goes for the L-39).

Honestly though, if you don't have them, I'd recommend the other helicopters over the Gazelle. The Huey in particular is an incredible simulation.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Agg
UKAR Staff

Re: DCS: Gazelle

Post by Agg »

Wissam24 wrote:Honestly though, if you don't have them, I'd recommend the other helicopters over the Gazelle. The Huey in particular is an incredible simulation.

Agreed, the Gazelle is okay, but doesn't feel on par with the other helicopters already in the sim. Especially the soulless pilot models creep me the hell out :P

The Huey and the Hip are fantastic though.