capercaillie wrote:Good news and nothing to be sniffed at. :up:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re: RIAT 2019

Post by jalfrezi »

via email...

NATO Flypast Update
We can now reveal more about the special 70th anniversary flypast being planned to showcase NATO's air power capabilities at the 2019 Air Tattoo. This will be the only official NATO flypast taking place at a UK airshow this summer.
Joining the already confirmed NATO E-3A AWACS will be aircraft from Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the USA and the UK.
The additional aircraft will include F-16AM fighters from the Belgian Air Component, whilst Germany offers a substantial commitment with Eurofighter EF2000s, A400M and Tornado strike aircraft.
The Royal Danish Air Force will also contribute with F-16 fighters, whilst the United States Air Force Europe will be joining the flypast with F-15 aircraft from RAF Lakenheath. The Royal Air Force also plan to provide Typhoon fighters.
This commemorative flypast is due to take place on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 July. Where the flypast aircraft will operate from is yet to be confirmed, although it is hoped that some will be based at RAF Fairford.
We are still working on special flypasts for Sunday 21 July and will bring you more news as soon as we can.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Tornado(s), excellent! :yahoo:

Tom105

Post by Tom105 »

Germany's commitment this year to UK shows has been very good considering they don't have any display teams!
Also note Belgium F16 and German things have been taken from the static and made flying
Praying it the 3 special F15s!
Thomas

3enrique

Post by 3enrique »

Nice update, do we know if this list for the flypast is final? Was expecting some more USAF heavies and UK aircrafts

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

A belting announcement. Crossing everything that there as as many as poss operating locally.

adam2628

Post by adam2628 »

Tornado :love: fingers crossed for the heritage F-15s too :biggrin:

chrisward123

Post by chrisward123 »

Wrexham Mackem wrote:A belting announcement. Crossing everything that there as as many as poss operating locally.

I would expect everything to operate from RIAT apart from the F-15s, I surely hope so.
It surely reads this way

'whilst the United States Air Force Europe will be joining the flypast with F-15 aircraft from RAF Lakenheath'
Last edited by chrisward123 on Tue 04 Jun 2019, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakes Lightning Collection

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Tornado's and Harriers flying at the same show?? :D

Fantastic update.

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

jasonT1981 wrote:Tornado's and Harriers flying at the same show?? :D

Fantastic update.

Not to mention the Tornados and Harrier's, or maybe just Tornados and Harriers?

Isn't the apostrophe a wonderful thing?

I'll get me coat..................... :whistle:

dogfish

Post by dogfish »

Although the announcement is a welcome addition to the show, I am concerned now that some of those participants look to have come from the static. So now the static has reduced even more and after the flypast those aircraft will most probably sit north side out of view.

I know its an airshow but i would prefer to get a close look at some of these aircraft than a single mid level pass. (A full display is something different)

Tmyers123

Post by Tmyers123 »

Tom105 wrote:Also note Belgian F-16 and German things have been taken from the static and made flying

The German statics are still there.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

A400 is no longer listed as static, and there's now two, not four Typhoons.

harkins

Post by harkins »

Aside from the AWACS and F-15s that I'm sure won't, I really really hope that all the others operate from Fairford as I'd be gutted not to see those airframes landing and taking off over the week. This is a personal thing of course, but a landing, some taxiing and a take off knocks a single pass view of an underside at a couple of thousand feet into a cocked hat. With no RAF Tornados any more, the Luftwaffe ones for static aren't far behind Harriers and Flankers now in the 'must see' stakes. And if the Belgians do allocate the specially marked jets, again, better to see them arrive, taxi and depart than just whizz by. I'm sure Sunday only ticket holders will have similar feelings.

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

good stuff, looking forward to that. Wonder if the RAF will provide a couple of F-35's? A NATO flypast without its newest asset is a bit of a missed opportunity.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Nice :up:

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

dogfish wrote:Although the announcement is a welcome addition to the show, I am concerned now that some of those participants look to have come from the static. So now the static has reduced even more and after the flypast those aircraft will most probably sit north side out of view.

I know its an airshow but i would prefer to get a close look at some of these aircraft than a single mid level pass. (A full display is something different)

Funny you should say that because over the years I have seen many requests that such and such aircraft that is in the static take part in the flying display only if for a few passes as planes belong in the sky not on the ground.

What will please some will always disappoint others.

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

There's more to come in the flypast! :yahoo:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/airtattoo/status/1135927921854558208[/tweet]

CJS

Post by CJS »

Well that looks pretty cool.

If you're there on Friday or Saturday ..
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Dont see how its possible for statics to be used for the flypast, they would need to be parked Nort side/display area as they have before so surely these would be addional and not classed as Statics.

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

IATthenRIAT wrote:Dont see how its possible for statics to be used for the flypast, they would need to be parked Nort side/display area as they have before so surely these would be addional and not classed as Statics.

Because they're not statics no more and have been removed from the static list so they can participate in the flypast? :whistle:

Airshowhammer

Post by Airshowhammer »

Abbo46 wrote:There's more to come in the flypast! :yahoo:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/airtattoo/status/1135927921854558208[/tweet]

Blown by the Bone :ninja:

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

Keep your Bone. I want those Turkish Phantoms.

Actually, lets just have both.

jason82wells

Post by jason82wells »

IATthenRIAT wrote:Dont see how its possible for statics to be used for the flypast, they would need to be parked Nort side/display area as they have before so surely these would be addional and not classed as Statics.

In recent years flying stuff has been East (F22s, red arrows, typhoons, frecce tricolori), and the other year the west end had the French mirages, loads of vipers) - so it can be/has been done. Beauty of that is they're close enough for static shots too

IATthenRIAT

Post by IATthenRIAT »

Just re-reading the RIAT website about the flypast part where they say some could be from Fairford - wonder if they might be a group that are positioned on the flying side that take part in the flypast, but instead of returning to thier own bases - stay over the weekend/sunday but not flying just positioned on the flying side like extras, not the listed flying aircraft though, - now that would be good. :clap: