MAKS 2019

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Go4Long

Re: MAKS 2019

Post by Go4Long »

I'm considering a last minute change of hotel here, since the one I chose doesn't actually seem to be very close to anything. But I can't make heads or tails of the transit maps that I can find.

If I wanted to get to one of the stations with a shuttle without having to change trains, where abouts should I be looking for a hotel?

Website commentary on the shuttles included for reference.

By suburban train

From Kazansky railroad (in Russian: “Казанский вокзал”) station to Otdyh (in Russian: “Отдых”). For the suburban trains schedule check here.
From Kazansky railroad station to “42 km” (in Russian: “Пл. 42 км”) platforms. For the suburban trains schedule check here.

From August 27 till September 1: MAKS-2019 free buses will shuttle from Otdyh platform to the exhibition complex;
From August 30 till September 1: MAKS-2019 free buses will shuttle from 42 km platform to the exhibition complex.

By REKS express suburban train

From Kazansky railroad station to Otdykh platform.
or the express suburban trains “REKS express” (in Russian: “Экспресс РЭКС”) schedule check here.

From August 27 till September 1: “MAKS-2019” free buses will shuttle from Otdyh platform to the exhibition complex.

By bus from the city district Zhukovsky

Free shuttle buses from the city district Zhukovsky (in Russian: “Жуковский”) to MAKS-2019 will be organized as follows:

From August 27 till August 29:

“Otdykh” platform – exhibition complex;
Gate No. 1 of the airport “Ramenskoye” (in Russian: “Раменское”) – exhibition complex.

From August 30 till September 1:

“Otdyh” platform – exhibition complex;
“42 km” platform – exhibition complex;
Gate No. 1 of the airport “Ramenskoye” – exhibition complex;
“Latskova street” (with a stop near the “Ocean” shopping mall) – exhibition complex.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Go4Long wrote:I'm considering a last minute change of hotel here, since the one I chose doesn't actually seem to be very close to anything. But I can't make heads or tails of the transit maps that I can find.

If I wanted to get to one of the stations with a shuttle without having to change trains, where abouts should I be looking for a hotel?

Website commentary on the shuttles included for reference.

By suburban train

From Kazansky railroad (in Russian: “Казанский вокзал”) station to Otdyh (in Russian: “Отдых”). For the suburban trains schedule check here.
From Kazansky railroad station to “42 km” (in Russian: “Пл. 42 км”) platforms. For the suburban trains schedule check here.

From August 27 till September 1: MAKS-2019 free buses will shuttle from Otdyh platform to the exhibition complex;
From August 30 till September 1: MAKS-2019 free buses will shuttle from 42 km platform to the exhibition complex.

By REKS express suburban train

From Kazansky railroad station to Otdykh platform.
or the express suburban trains “REKS express” (in Russian: “Экспресс РЭКС”) schedule check here.

From August 27 till September 1: “MAKS-2019” free buses will shuttle from Otdyh platform to the exhibition complex.

By bus from the city district Zhukovsky

Free shuttle buses from the city district Zhukovsky (in Russian: “Жуковский”) to MAKS-2019 will be organized as follows:

From August 27 till August 29:

“Otdykh” platform – exhibition complex;
Gate No. 1 of the airport “Ramenskoye” (in Russian: “Раменское”) – exhibition complex.

From August 30 till September 1:

“Otdyh” platform – exhibition complex;
“42 km” platform – exhibition complex;
Gate No. 1 of the airport “Ramenskoye” – exhibition complex;
“Latskova street” (with a stop near the “Ocean” shopping mall) – exhibition complex.

Haven't you kinda answered your own question? Get a hotel near Kazansky station, as that's where the trains which head in the direction of Zhukovsky leave from.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Berf

Post by Berf »

As far as I can see you get a suburban train from Kazansky rail station (the Hilton Leningradskyaya where I am staying before MAKS is close by) to Otdyh station where there will be a shuttle bus (seems about 37mins) . Two stops on is 42km station where there are also a shuttle bus.

Sultan of Wings

Post by Sultan of Wings »

Berf wrote:As far as I can see you get a suburban train from Kazansky rail station (the Hilton Leningradskyaya where I am staying before MAKS is close by) to Otdyh station where there will be a shuttle bus (seems about 37mins) . Two stops on is 42km station where there are also a shuttle bus.

Now... when we get to Kazansky railway station... Where do we buy our rail tickets? I don't want to travel wihout a ticket and get busted and be given a bad name. I suppose there will be lines of people waiting to buy tickets at the counters or maybe it is all machines?

:dummy:

Draken

Post by Draken »

As on every train station - there are ticket counters ;)
Just one thing - there are 2 kinds of trains - regular and Sputnik (faster one). Difference in price is small, so worth considering.
They are leaving from separate part of the station.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Another press release - Il-78M-90A - does not specify flying or static.

DealerNation

Post by DealerNation »

Does anyone stay in Ostrovsky?

By the way the weather forecast looks promising!!!

Sultan of Wings

Draken wrote:As on every train station - there are ticket counters ;)
Just one thing - there are 2 kinds of trains - regular and Sputnik (faster one). Difference in price is small, so worth considering.
They are leaving from separate part of the station.

Spasiba.

How much faster is the "faster" train?
Is it worth the extra money/vs. service quality?

Just curious.

:ninja:

Draken

Post by Draken »

Not sure how is it on Ramenskoye route as we used it on our way to Monino and back. But it was quite comfy and did not stop on every station.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

So on the business days the flying program is from approximately 3:00pm to 5:00pm correct? so making a plan for the morning won't interfere with me seeing any of the flying as I'm looking at going indoor skydiving in the morning.

Skyflash wrote:
Haven't you kinda answered your own question? Get a hotel near Kazansky station, as that's where the trains which head in the direction of Zhukovsky leave from.

It was 3am and I couldn't find the station names...rebooked near Kazanskiy. thanks.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Looks like you guys going will be seeing some good stuff.

https://theaviationist.com/2019/08/22/m ... zhukovsky/
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

That SU-57 trio is very exciting. As is everything else pictured.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

An exciting prospect... the Su-57 didn't do a full aerobatic routine in 2017 so if they have worked one up for this year then... :rock:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

Sweet lord that Cross over @ 2.05. Dont think think that will appear at the Sedate UK shows. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r4sOh- ... e=youtu.be
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Looks like the that was the 2017 show to me...

Sultan of Wings

Georgeconna wrote:Looks like you guys going will be seeing some good stuff.

https://theaviationist.com/2019/08/22/m ... zhukovsky/

David Cienciotti is a Boss!

https://theaviationist.com/2019/08/11/w ... zhukovsky/

I have known him since forever!

:pinkwafer:

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Looks like a pretty good rough estimate of a flying program for now:

https://aviasalon.com/assets/download/f ... in-Rus.pdf

Looks like the E195-E2 is doing a flying demo as well Tuesday - Friday, A350 Tuesday - Saturday, MC-21-300 daily
Water Bomber Demo with water drop in the colours of the Russian flag
PC-24 and PC-12 Demo on Thursday only
SU-30SM, YAK-130, YAK-152, Mig 35 UB, Mig 29, SU-57, SU-34, SU-35S, and a bunch of helicopters and civ stuff all showing daily (which makes me wonder if the timing shown of the corporate shows could be off, since that's a lot of stuff to fit into a two hour show)

Russian Knights Saturday Sunday only
Russian Swifts Tuesday Wednesday Saturday Sunday
Russian Falcons Wednesday Friday Sunday

shadowdao

Post by shadowdao »

Go4Long wrote:Looks like a pretty good rough estimate of a flying program for now:

https://aviasalon.com/assets/download/f ... in-Rus.pdf

Looks like the E195-E2 is doing a flying demo as well Tuesday - Friday, A350 Tuesday - Saturday, MC-21-300 daily
Water Bomber Demo with water drop in the colours of the Russian flag
PC-24 and PC-12 Demo on Thursday only
SU-30SM, YAK-130, YAK-152, Mig 35 UB, Mig 29, SU-57, SU-34, SU-35S, and a bunch of helicopters and civ stuff all showing daily (which makes me wonder if the timing shown of the corporate shows could be off, since that's a lot of stuff to fit into a two hour show)

Russian Knights Saturday Sunday only
Russian Swifts Tuesday Wednesday Saturday Sunday
Russian Falcons Wednesday Friday Sunday

Russian Knights only two days???

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

shadowdao wrote:Russian Knights only two days???

That’s what it seems to say yes.

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

I went through and did my best at a cell by cell translation...apologies if some of it isn't great translations...not sure what it means by HOW and Moment...but alas...this is what I came up with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4kw3q1lug7fh ... s.pdf?dl=0

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

Both the SU-30SM demo and the SU-57 demos are looking pretty good.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSa5L3TwjQ[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAeT3Sguco[/youtube]

Sultan of Wings

I will be heading out to Moscow in a couple of hours via Warsaw.

MAKS will be a mix of Industry, river barge viewing in a seemingly good spot and public days.

Planning on some outings in the city. Moscow has got some awesome hotels with amazing top floor terrace bars where one can enjoy a drink and get terrific pictures of the views. No Kremlin visits and all that tourist stuff.

Those who are already there or on their way, enjoy your time at the Air Show. We will compare pictures later after we are back to base.

Have a great time!

:pinkwafer:

frank

Post by frank »

If you haven't been to the Kremlin then I would recommend you give it try - very historic and interesting. Would be a pity to miss it.

tmattias

Post by tmattias »

What is the easiest way to get to the riverbank on the other side?

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Why wouldn't you do the tourist stuff lol? It's amazing
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016