La Ferte Alais 2019

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Ian66

La Ferte Alais 2019

Post by Ian66 »

Tickets are reduced for a limited time - they are selling 2 tickets at a reduced price of 44 Euros (from normal advance price of 56 Euros) until 14th February.
http://www.ajbs.fr/saint-valentin/

Look like they are valid for either day.

DaveBr

Re: La Ferte Alais 2019

Post by DaveBr »

Has anyone camped at La Boulinière near Boissy-le-Cutté before?
I sent them a message via their website a couple of weeks ago and not had any response.

aspotternot

Post by aspotternot »

Hi, yes, stayed there the last couple of years. Did you write your message in French? It is easier if you do. They have a few employees but only one is very good at English the others are ok-ish. I remember waiting the first time I applied. Bon chances!

DaveBr

Post by DaveBr »

Yes, I wrote in French. I think I'll try a direct email rather than the website form.
(Obviously I could phone them, but I'm a wuss... :whistle: )

I assume the site was good/ok?

Thanks,
Dave

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Planning to attend La Ferte for the first time this year, its the weekend after the D-Day events so seems worthwhile.
Couple of questions.
Is the display the same on both Saturday and Sunday, approx what time does flying start / finish and is it a continuous show or does it "break for lunch"
Photography. I see the runway is east west and assume we are south side. Are there any restrictions / preferences on where to stand ?
Are all the museum hangars accessible during the airshow. What percentage of the collections aircraft remain inside. Is one day at the airshow enough ?

Thanks for any answers or photography links.

Paul

hmeasures

Post by hmeasures »

DOUGHNUT wrote:Planning to attend La Ferte for the first time this year, its the weekend after the D-Day events so seems worthwhile.
Couple of questions.
Is the display the same on both Saturday and Sunday, approx what time does flying start / finish and is it a continuous show or does it "break for lunch"
Photography. I see the runway is east west and assume we are south side. Are there any restrictions / preferences on where to stand ?
Are all the museum hangars accessible during the airshow. What percentage of the collections aircraft remain inside. Is one day at the airshow enough ?

Paul

The majority of display is mostly the same both days, although you may find the PdF will only do one day for example. A large segment of the display will be made of lighter types also so the weather could be a factor... Having said that in 2017 the heavy rain meant the field was too soft on the Saturday for the Skyraiders, not so on the Sunday.

The show starts around midday and continues into the early evening, without a break. The hangars are not accessible during the show however a lot of the aircraft are pulled out into the 'paddock' where you can do a flightline walk in the morning for €5. Access is good but photography is challenging due to the arrangement of aircraft in rows. I would advise arriving early as the traffic soon builds up due to the one route in up the hill (get your hill-start practice done before going :lol: )

Crowd is indeed south side, with the majority of the stalls and toilets being grouped around the hangars, but like Old Warden the crowdline extends almost the length of the runway off to the west. I prefer standing to the west as it's generally less crowded (and it does get heaving, especially near the front) which also helps in the late afternoon where the sun has come round. If you do both days a day spent at each end would not be wasted. The background of the trees can be very nice for photos especially on take off and landing, and if there is little wind they will often take off on 28 and land on 10 to avoid taxiing, so that is great photographically as you get the low take off and approach/touchdown shots.

A couple of reviews: http://vintageaviationecho.com/la-ferte-alais-2018/ & http://vintageaviationecho.com/la-ferte-alais-2017/

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

hmeasures wrote:
DOUGHNUT wrote:Planning to attend La Ferte for the first time this year, its the weekend after the D-Day events so seems worthwhile.
Couple of questions.

Paul

The majority of display is mostly the same both days, although you may find the PdF will only do one day for example. A large segment of the display will be made of lighter types also so the weather could be a factor... Having said that in 2017 the heavy rain meant the field was too soft on the Saturday for the Skyraiders, not so on the Sunday.

The show starts around midday and continues into the early evening, without a break. The hangars are not accessible during the show however a lot of the aircraft are pulled out into the 'paddock' where you can do a flightline walk in the morning for €5. Access is good but photography is challenging due to the arrangement of aircraft in rows. I would advise arriving early as the traffic soon builds up due to the one route in up the hill (get your hill-start practice done before going :lol: )

Crowd is indeed south side, with the majority of the stalls and toilets being grouped around the hangars, but like Old Warden the crowdline extends almost the length of the runway off to the west. I prefer standing to the west as it's generally less crowded (and it does get heaving, especially near the front) which also helps in the late afternoon where the sun has come round. If you do both days a day spent at each end would not be wasted. The background of the trees can be very nice for photos especially on take off and landing, and if there is little wind they will often take off on 28 and land on 10 to avoid taxiing, so that is great photographically as you get the low take off and approach/touchdown shots.

A couple of reviews: http://vintageaviationecho.com/la-ferte-alais-2018/ & http://vintageaviationecho.com/la-ferte-alais-2017/

According to the official website (http://www.ajbs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/page-information-meeting-AJBS-2019.pdf):
  • opening hours are 07:30 am to 08:00 pm
  • airshow hours are 01:00 pm to 06:30 pm

Advance tickets can be purchased online on the following french websites : Ticket Net, Auchan, Leclerc, France Billet, Carrefour, FNAC, Weezevent
Once paid, you just have to print your tickets.
The good thing is that the 28 EUR price includes the aircraft parking access (separately priced at 5 EUR).

Col. Chibani

Post by Col. Chibani »

FNAC proposes an english version of its website.
For La Ferté Alais => https://www.fnactickets.com/ticket-evenement/salon-foire-fete-aerienne-cerny-la-ferte-alais-manalai9-lt.htm (reservation not yet opened).

Nwalch

Post by Nwalch »

I agree with Harry about the west end. Only downside is they like to put speakers on stands quite high off the ground about 10 ft in front of the crowd line so make sure you place yourself to avoid as much as possible when panning. Its a fantastic show and I'll be back again this year for the weekend after a late drive from the Cean nightshoot ZZZzzzzzzz.

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Thanks for all the positive info. Lets just hope the ferries are still running .lol.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

F-86 Sabre has been added.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

The Baron wrote:F-86 Sabre has been added.

Not sure why I'm struggling with this, but I can't think of an airworthy example in Europe right now? Maybe the Norwegian or Swedish guys have one? Any help with sourcing this would be gratefully received. :oops:

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Frederic Akary acquired one and will be displaying it this season.
Link

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Chrisse wrote:Frederic Akary acquired one and will be displaying it this season.
Link

Fingers crossed he's also acquired a paintbrush and puts it back in Luftwaffe colours. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

capercaillie wrote:
Chrisse wrote:Frederic Akary acquired one and will be displaying it this season.
Link

Fingers crossed he's also acquired a paintbrush and puts it back in Luftwaffe colours. :smile:

He's keeping the experimental USAF camo scheme, Paul - at least for now - but adding a smoke system. :biggrin:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Thanks for the information. :up: Good to see, but I might need to under-expose by at least one-stop to reduce the 'Airfix' paint-scheme effect!! :facepalm:

DaveBr

Post by DaveBr »

I’ve ended up booking camping at Le Nid Vert near Mondeville as they were the most communicative. Hopefully will be ok.

Never did get any response from La Bouliniere.

Looking forward to it now everything’s booked.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Pablo wrote:
capercaillie wrote:
Link

He's keeping the experimental USAF camo scheme, Paul - at least for now - but adding a smoke system. :biggrin:
But the most important question is: Will it have RIAT at its schedule every year, and will it ever be confirmed by DBH?
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

Abbo46

Post by Abbo46 »

Rafale confirmed.

darkman

Post by darkman »

Where has the Sabre been confirmed. it was due last year but ran into issues but haven't seen anything about this year

Ian66

Post by Ian66 »

darkman wrote:Where has the Sabre been confirmed. it was due last year but ran into issues but haven't seen anything about this year

http://www.ajbs.fr/
http://www.ajbs.fr/le-f-86e-au-meeting-2019/

I am looking forward to seeing it!

Ian66

Post by Ian66 »

Mike

Post by Mike »

darkman wrote:it was due last year but ran into issues but haven't seen anything about this year

It's now in Avignon

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

After this years airshow we are staying is France to visit couple of museums. A long time place of interest has been Chateaudun Air Force base.
Most of Chateaudun activities are connected with storage and are strictly off limits, but there is an excellent museum, Le Canopee Chateaudun.
Its location within the Air Base restricts is opening hours and it is only accessible by prior appointment.
I have been granted permission to visit Monday 10th June and understand the staff would be happy for others to join our group visit.

If anybody would like to be added to our group please contact me by PM for further details.

Paul

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

DaveBr wrote:Has anyone camped at La Boulinière near Boissy-le-Cutté before?
I sent them a message via their website a couple of weeks ago and not had any response.

Having left things typically last minute I'm now looking at booking this campsite - I've received an automated email suggesting they won't be replying to emails for a few more days. Has anyone successfully booked yet that can advise an Englishman whose French is merde?...
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic