Big jet TV YouTube channel

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
pbeardmore

Re: Big jet TV YouTube channel

Post by pbeardmore »

I watched some of his stream this afternoon, he spent some of the time trying to correct the various stories about him in the papers over the last couple of days including his age. Are we still seriously quoting the Fail and choosing to believe what they print?
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

Some of the social stereotyping in this thread over the weekend has been shameful. Give your inflated ego-heads a wobble. Or better yet, get yourselves away from this forum.

If you like aeroplanes, when it all boils down to it, you are exactly the same as Big Jet TV Guy. You're the same as me too.

I see this type of 'better enthusiast than you' and 'better dressed than you' in the railway social circles as well.

And I proudly wear my 'patch jacket' thank you very much. And RIAT cap.

There's room in this hobby for everyone. No need to start sniggering behind your hand.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

And I've got the tags on my camera bag.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

He will be on ITV This morning in a minute or 2.
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

AndyXH558

Post by AndyXH558 »

Oh god.
Life's a piece of S*** if you look at it!

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Jerry Dyer Superstar, he’s everywhere people!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I’ll say something - he’s done far better than that “plane spotting live” show a few years ago (though Cat Burton was excellent on that programme).

We’ve got Jerry with planes, Francis with trains; we just need a Barry the Stobart Spotter and you’ve got a BBC Four programme in the making 😂

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Tommy wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 10:46 am
I’ll say something - he’s done far better than that “plane spotting live” show a few years ago (though Cat Burton was excellent on that programme).

We’ve got Jerry with planes, Francis with trains; we just need a Barry the Stobart Spotter and you’ve got a BBC Four programme in the making 😂
Maybe you could go on with him Tommy? Call it, now lessee, Tom and Jerry?

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

FarnboroJohn wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 11:13 am
Tommy wrote:

Maybe you could go on with him Tommy? Call it, now lessee, Tom and Jerry?
:smiley:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

😂

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

Tommy wrote:

They are out there. Its rare in the course of my working week I don't see any Stobart spotters lurking on bridges, often with enviable cameras, or trawling around the truck park in services collecting reg's and truck names.

Each to their own, live and let live. Even if I really, really don't get it!
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

pbeardmore

Post by pbeardmore »

I know not everyone here is a fan (fair enough) but not many people can do live interviews as well as this. He "pitches" his presentation style just right. Not my cup of tea but I can see why the media have picked up on him as a character in additional to the actual video footage.
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

BobL wrote:
Sun 20 Feb 2022, 12:28 pm
NASA asking him cover their launches?
NASA has its own stream with its own capable crew.
https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/ ... tml#public
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

FlyingMachinesTV

Post by FlyingMachinesTV »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 5:27 pm
BobL wrote:
With his £600 video camera?

Jimbo27

Post by Jimbo27 »

I'm ambivalent towards BJTV. He does cause me some angst in a work capacity, but he is quite amusing to watch. I do think there is going to be a backlash eventually, now he has been built up, someone will run to the tabloids with a story...

NAM Updater

Post by NAM Updater »

Jimbo27 wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 7:46 pm
... someone will run to the tabloids with a story...
BJTV is already trying to take on the Daily Mail & Nick Robinson (BBC) in relation to some comments that have been made over the weekend; and that situation could turn interesting!
Howard Heeley - Newark Air Museum Trustee
Every museum visit counts!
http://newarkairmuseum.org

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

Seems to be some more 'drama' today with Aviation in Action getting shirty that BJTV has gone to Coningsby despite AiA 'announcing' their intention to stream from there a few days ago. AiA has since gone to Luton instead! :laughing:

Now, without getting into a 'who is better' debate, I don't think it's really the issue that AiA is making it out to be. Just because you announce you're going somewhere doesn't automatically mean others shouldn't go there too, especially if it's how they make a living.

AFAIK, AiA is a 'hobby' streamer that doesn't use their stream for an income, so do they really have any grounds to complain if a competitor shows up at a place that they were going to? Surely if there were two streamers at the same place, the market would decide and viewers would choose to watch whoever they wanted?

jingernut

Post by jingernut »

Reds Rolling wrote:
Wed 23 Feb 2022, 10:08 am
Seems to be some more 'drama' today with Aviation in Action getting shirty that BJTV has gone to Coningsby despite AiA 'announcing' their intention to stream from there a few days ago. AiA has since gone to Luton instead! :laughing:

Now, without getting into a 'who is better' debate, I don't think it's really the issue that AiA is making it out to be. Just because you announce you're going somewhere doesn't automatically mean others shouldn't go there too, especially if it's how they make a living.

AFAIK, AiA is a 'hobby' streamer that doesn't use their stream for an income, so do they really have any grounds to complain if a competitor shows up at a place that they were going to? Surely if there were two streamers at the same place, the market would decide and viewers would choose to watch whoever they wanted?
Exactly. I'm pretty sure that AiA members would have watched his stream and BJTV members would have watched that one. They're not really going to be stealing each others subscribers or stepping on each others toes.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Gerry would win the viewing figures but why can't there be room for both as you say. AIA is a competent enough stream but more for the initiated I would say.

On another note, Gerry seems to have a 'beef' with the burger guy at LN, wonder why?

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

I come the opposite way, actually.

If AIA wanted to go somewhere else, what’s wrong with that? Why does it affect BJTV?

All they did was say they didn’t want to compete (I don’t think they even named BJTV), and wanted to go somewhere else. I genuinely don’t see what the issue is to BJTV there.

And then for Jerry to personally insult AIA/Darren on his live stream…

AIA seem, to me, to be in the right, here, tbh. I’m sure all Jerry’s fanboys will jump on the case as they always do whenever there are sides to be taken, but I genuinely can’t understand why AIA’s statement/action made a jot of difference to BJTV - and for Jerry then to insult AIA whilst on a live stream - not exactly showing much class, or rising above, if you ask me.

This attitude is also inconsistent with the “if you don’t like it, don’t watch” attitude most BJTV fanboys have. AIA didn’t like it, so chose to go somewhere else - what’s wrong with that?

spellow3010

Post by spellow3010 »

No excuse for 'bad mouthing' a fellow streamer live on their own. That is bad form.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

spellow3010 wrote:
Thu 24 Feb 2022, 8:54 am
No excuse for 'bad mouthing' a fellow streamer live on their own. That is bad form.
I agree, there was no reason to do that publicly. However Darren should have just gone to Coningsby as planned. It wouldn't affect his stream or audience, and I bet he probably had lower viewers at Luton than he would have had at Coningsby even with BJTV there.

He came out with some lame excuse as to not wanting there to be rivals bickering in the chat, but I don't buy it and he has made himself look weak. He should just go where he wants to and forget about what others are doing.

stonojnr

Post by stonojnr »

aviodromefriend wrote:
Mon 21 Feb 2022, 5:27 pm
BobL wrote:
it does, but NASA do offer invites for media channels, which includes just youtube channel organisations, to register & cover a launch from the press site at KSC live, and you can take your camera and broadcast a launch via youtube as quite a few equivalent to BigJetTV live space themed youtube channels do, and NASA give you access to their commentary free picture feed, though its about 40secs delayed and NASA cameras arent 4k yet, but you can splice it into your broadcast.

so yes Ive no doubt he will absolutely cover NASA launches in his unique style, if he goes to Florida and wants to do it for the channel.

Georgeconna

Post by Georgeconna »

At the Heath today, Smashing Action, 15's,16's and 35's in the circuit!
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.