Normandy - D-Day 75th Anniversary 2019 Ian Allan

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
spellow3010

Normandy - D-Day 75th Anniversary 2019 Ian Allan

Post by spellow3010 »

I am conscious that there is a 'Daks Over Normandy' item explicitly in the Duxford events section, so I am trying to be very careful not to create a repeat thread for the sake of it. However, I've seen little mention in that thread about the Ian Allan Tours 9 day trip to northern France in there, and virtually all of the posts there have been focussed on what is happening at Duxford, rightly so considering where the thread sits in the Forum.

So, I am just wondering if anyone else from the UKAR crowd is doing the 9-day Ian Allan Tour trip to Normandy for this event, taking in various historic sites and museums and the Caen 'airshow' featuring the Dakotas Over Normandy flypast and parachute drop. I'm joining the trip from Heathrow (BA316 1455 Heathrow to Paris CDG). Anyone else joining from Heathrow that wants to meet somewhere in Terminal 5 for a coffee something more 'toxic' then let me know... It's my first trip with this operator and not sure if I will know anyone/recognise anyone. Would be good to know other UKARians are on the trip.

Regards,
David (Davide during June 2019).
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro