Challenge coins at the show

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
nighthawk999

Challenge coins at the show

Post by nighthawk999 »

Following on from my previous post regarding challenge coins at the show,this will be something new to me.
So,could someone point me in the direction please of what I should be looking to buy,will just any coin do from the various teams?Or are there particular ones worth looking out for?
Thanks in advance.

Tmyers123

Re: Challenge coins at the show

Post by Tmyers123 »

Not sure about challenge coins, but the Belgians will be bringing this nice A109 patch. :up:

[fb-post]https://www.facebook.com/467262813290693/posts/2843266425690308?sfns=mo[/fb-post]

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

Thanks I'll look out for it..

JJC

Post by JJC »

Very little on offer on the whole, only saw the Germans and Danes selling. Had a decent wander round the showground.

Did the Czechs/Belgians have their usual stands? Strange if they were absent.
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Westhammatt

Post by Westhammatt »

Looked all over it was only the Danes and Germans selling plus the French crew selling a few bits and patches , looked everywhere for the Belgian and Czech and Swiss stalls but nothing so ended up with patches from the Danes and rather nice p3 Orion ones

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

Most disappointed really,I only managed to find the Danish stall,and bought two patches.I'm sure if the Belgian A109 team and the Swiss and Czechs etc could have been bothered to actually make the effort with stalls,they'd have had plenty of sales.

Great flying displays from them,but #EpicFail re merchandising!

JJC

Post by JJC »

nighthawk999 wrote:Most disappointed really,I only managed to find the Danish stall,and bought two patches.I'm sure if the Belgian A109 team and the Swiss and Czechs etc could have been bothered to actually make the effort with stalls,they'd have had plenty of sales.

Did the Danes have 2 different designs on sale? They only had one (the roundel with T-17 in the middle) when I went past at 11!
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

In addition to the above, the French and Royal Navy were also selling bits and bobs, and there was the Cypriot AW139 SAR Display stand with a crew member present. They weren’t selling any tat per se, but had a nice squadron print, and plenty of pamphlets.

One of these shows I hope they actually bring their aircraft with them!

vulcanshammer

Post by vulcanshammer »

Tommy wrote:plenty of pamphlets.

Slightly off topic; however, what is the difference between a pamphlet, and a leaflet? :pinkwafer:
The sooner the world runs out of cotton wool the better

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

JJC wrote:
nighthawk999 wrote:Most disappointed really,I only managed to find the Danish stall,and bought two patches.I'm sure if the Belgian A109 team and the Swiss and Czechs etc could have been bothered to actually make the effort with stalls,they'd have had plenty of sales.

Did the Danes have 2 different designs on sale? They only had one (the roundel with T-17 in the middle) when I went past at 11!

It seemed to be just that T-17,I bought two,one for me and one for a friend.

globemaster50

Post by globemaster50 »

I bought patches from the Navy Merlin, German Lynx and Orion. I did buy a coin from the Navy Merlin too (although it's quite small in size) and a nice D-Day commemorative coin from the Red Arrows trailer so challenge coins were out there but not as many as I would have liked as I collect them myself. Very surprised there were no Belgian or Czech tat stalls after going on the hunt for them!

nighthawk999

Post by nighthawk999 »

globemaster50 wrote:I bought patches from the Navy Merlin, German Lynx and Orion. I did buy a coin from the Navy Merlin too (although it's quite small in size) and a nice D-Day commemorative coin from the Red Arrows trailer so challenge coins were out there but not as many as I would have liked as I collect them myself. Very surprised there were no Belgian or Czech tat stalls after going on the hunt for them!

I didn't really have the chance to have a trawl around the other stalls that you mentioned,it was after 5pm and I was tired after a long day with the camera etc.
If I get the chance to go next year,I'll do it properly and check the team's stalls out in the morning.But at least I managed to get the Danish patches.

luke

Post by luke »

vulcanshammer wrote:

Slightly off topic; however, what is the difference between a pamphlet, and a leaflet? :pinkwafer:

Pamphlets and leaflets are two common types of print publications used in advertising. The core difference between a leaflet and a pamphlet is based on size. A pamphlet typically has five or more pages of company or production information, whereas a leaflet is one single page, similar to a flyer.20 Apr 2018

https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/diff ... 23961.html

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

vulcanshammer wrote:

Aaaagh Sean Lock fan.