Microsoft Flight Simulator Returns

Discuss and share resources with fellow gamers
farnboroughrob

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator Returns

Post by farnboroughrob »

I have uninstalled MSFS for now. It just seems every time I wanted to go and fly there was a massive new update that took a couple of hours to load. I will reinstall it when I have more time but it is a pain at the moment.

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

farnboroughrob wrote:
Sat 15 Jan 2022, 6:19 pm
I have uninstalled MSFS for now. It just seems every time I wanted to go and fly there was a massive new update that took a couple of hours to load. I will reinstall it when I have more time but it is a pain at the moment.
It's a bit of a mixed blessing, great that they are actively developing for it and adding new features, but the updates are a pain to download - fortunately they're only once a month.

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

Sim update 10 now out, supports DLSS which seems to give good FPS improvements on RTX graphics cards.

DLSS 3 also due with the RTX 4000 series GPU.

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Now I've finally got myself a rig that can handle this, as my d/l speed is only about 300 KB/s (due to location) is there any way I can download a scenery area, eg UK, and just run this offline or am I just wasting £100 on something that is 100% reliant on what basically amounts to a fibre internet connection?
Thanks!

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

The sim has a scenery cache. I am not sure how it works as I have a pretty good connection. You can set the size of the cache and also flush it if required. My guess is that it will work for you if you fly in the same geographic area on a repeat basis.

DaveM

Post by DaveM »

Thanks, I'll investigate the cache function further.

Paulish

Post by Paulish »

Just noticed that the MSFS marketplace has a sale on at the moment. It finishes on 21st April with discounts of up to 93%.

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

For anyone that plays FS2020 the Ford Trimotor is free in the Marketplace until the 30th of June.

I wouldn't call it perfect but for free, it's worth picking up.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Resurrecting an old thread but I've been getting back into MSFS lately. I'm having an absolute blast with the Just Flight Fokker 28. It's superbly modelled, a proper classic airliner with no screens and no CDUs, just basic autopilot modes and VOR navigation. It doesn't even feature an autothrottle so managing that peak .70 Mach cruise is a hands-on affair! Really enjoyable module and comes with all four variants.

Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Peregrine

Post by Peregrine »

Agreed! Funny you mention the F28 as last night I took it for a spin for the first time in a good few months, certainly a challenge to hand fly an approach.

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

I don't often fly airliners, but this ones been on my list since release.

Only so long before I cave in!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Give in! Get it, it's a top tier add-on for me. Really well-built, handy EFB that integrates with navigraph and that (if you subscribe, I haven't quite gone in that deep yet) and some excellent sound effects and simulated crew behaviour.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

CWS

Post by CWS »

Didn't even realise there is a thread on here for this !
Has anyone got the F111 that came out not too long ago?
Airshows 2024 - Duxford VE day, Duxford Summer Airshow, RIAT, Miramar, Pacific Airshow

JoshWiggins

Post by JoshWiggins »

CWS wrote:
Fri 09 Feb 2024, 2:39 pm
Didn't even realise there is a thread on here for this !
Has anyone got the F111 that came out not too long ago?
Now thats one I did cave in to!

Not had the chance to fly it much, though the brief time I have its been fun. Can't help but dump and burn!

CWS

Post by CWS »

lol, that is exactly why I want it
Airshows 2024 - Duxford VE day, Duxford Summer Airshow, RIAT, Miramar, Pacific Airshow

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

To be honest, I've never picked up any military aircraft for MSFS (bar the JF Vulcan) just because I'm spoilt by DCS on them where they are, of course, fully functional. On the other hand, there isn't an F-111 in DCS. Watching some videos, it does look alright.

This did pique my interest this week!
https://flightsim.to/product/hughes-xf-11

CWS

Post by CWS »

Nice, I play on my Xbox series X so no DCS for me. I have been tempted to get a PC for gaming but just always used consoles. Every time i load MSFS up on my Xbox it still blows me away how good it looks! I mainly have bought mil jets and classics. The F-16 and Typhoon are too good just to fly around in.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Fair enough!