Slides for sale/donation/given away

Post your classified adverts (aviation related or otherwise)
D90Man

Slides for sale/donation/given away

Post by D90Man »

Hi everyone

I have finally digitised all my slides (about 12,000) going from to the mid 70's until I bought my first DSLR. They are of varying quality (some of my early stuff was very hit and miss, given what I could afford equipment-wise plus I was doing some of my own processing) but some of the content matter may be of interest. That said, a lot of them are pretty good quality, covering things like AMARG in the 80's, Edwards AFB Open House 1980, Farnborough

Here are some examples to show you some of the variation in quality:

98-1 by Leon Loberman, on Flickr

42-4 by Leon Loberman, on Flickr

84-3 by Leon Loberman, on Flickr

43-2 by Leon Loberman, on Flickr

63-1 by Leon Loberman, on Flickr

Sadly, there is no catalogue to go with them - it's one of those jobs I never got around to but will be doing (sometime) now that they are scanned.

They are nearly all in about 90 Hanimex 120 slide carousels - about 400 are just in slide boxes. The carousels themselves seem to intermittently go for about £3 plus postage on eBay.

We are moving shortly and space at the new house is at a premium, so it is time for me to find a new home for the collection. If I can't, they will almost certainly end up in the tip, which I think will be sacrilege :sad:

Has anyone any interest or any suggestions on somewhere they might be donated to?

Best

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk