Nato Days 2019 - Ostrava

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
F-BSHM

Nato Days 2019 - Ostrava

Post by F-BSHM »

Hi everybody !

I didn't see any topic about Ostrava yet.
The show takes place on the 21st and 22nd of september.

This year, Romania is the partner nation and confirmed the fying display of their Mig21, IAR99 and the IAR330, all of them being quite rare out of their borders :clap:
Otherwise, announced static display is pretty nice with the US C5 and B52, Slovak Mig29, German Tornado, Italian Tornado and AMX, Canadian CF188, and many others.

However, dynamic display seems pretty poor yet.
Only Swiss F18, Swiss Pc7, Austrian PC7 solo, Finnish Midnight Hawks, An2 from Latvia, French Patrouille de France (sathurday only), British Typhoon and the Romanian displays.

I hope that many more aircrafts will be announced soon as the SWAHF, the Polish air force are missing at least and it would be surprising for me that no Sentry appears for the NATO 70th anniversary.

More to follow soon ! :heyhey:

Have a good day,
Anthony

F-BSHM

Re: Nato Days 2019 - Ostrava

Post by F-BSHM »

Czech Air Force contingent aded:

+Gripen [S/F]
+Mil-Mi24 [F]
+Mil-Mi17 [F]
+ Sokhol W3 [F]
+L159 duo démo [F]
+Yak 40 [S]

Yak40 is quite cool and rare to see now ! :cool:

FlankerPhoto

Post by FlankerPhoto »

Latvian An-2 cancelled.

Hungarian Gripen & Mi-24 static.

JJC

Post by JJC »

Did this show in 2016. Some very interesting stuff on show, with tank demos etc. Taking place in front of the crowdline including firing demos, car crushing and mock assaults.

Strange venue for several reasons. The public area is a one corner of the airfield, with the active runway running down one side of this area and the display line on another. So things will take off to your side and then display in front of you. Bizarre!

There are some good photographic locations outside of the base, but I didn’t try them myself.

Hope to make it back one day!
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

JJC wrote:There are some good photographic locations outside of the base, but I didn’t try them myself. Hope to make it back one day!

Unfortunately, you won't be able to any more, as the fields used in the passed will be closed. Not only the position below the display line - from the parking space at Albrechticky to the display line the whole fields will be closed:

For me this finalizes a great decade of airshows in CZ at Ostrava airport, after CIAF became more and more unattractive. Sad to say, but CZ has no airshow worth attending for any more, in case you are interested to take pictures...

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Was the entire field out of bounds this year ,rather than just the corner section?

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM »

AARDVARK wrote:Was the entire field out of bounds this year ,rather than just the corner section?

For this year I don't know but I went To the girls only for the departures and it was full of spotters. I also noticed signs to say it was forbidden to park your car