Kandersteg, Switzerland 06-09-2019

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
andygolfer

Kandersteg, Switzerland 06-09-2019

Post by andygolfer »

I've just spent a week on a train holiday round Switzerland (plus Eurostar and TGV to reach the destination and return) aircraft were sparse , mainly a few helicopters doing joy rides and other things, I didn't partake in the former as even by Swiss standards they were very expensive. The nearest I got to a helicopter was this one that landed in a field near our hotel for a while on Friday, by the time I came back down the mountain it had gone!

ImageHB-ZTO Eurocopter AS350B3 Ecureuil Kandesteg, Switzerland 06-09-2019 0163 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

ImageHB-ZTO Eurocopter AS350B3 Ecureuil Kandesteg, Switzerland 06-09-2019 0168 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

amazingly it was just parked and left in this field, nobody watching it or anything - if they'd done that in England within an hour it would be covered in graffiti and it would be on blocks with the skids removed :lol:

There was a heliport in Zermatt that I saw a couple arriving and departing from but I didn't have time to go for a close look and when I was 10000ft up the Gornergrad I forgot to look down in that direction, I was too busy waiting for the cloud to clear so I could see the top of the Matterhorn (it didn't :mad: )

Trains were good though, to the Swiss nothing is impossible when it comes to building railways and they keep perfect time as well

Andy
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019