Duxford Showcase Days 2020

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum

Duxford Showcase Days 2020

Post by 5944 »

Catalina Society have listed the following dates for Duxford Showcase days on their Facebook page.

Saturday 25th April
Friday 8th May
Tuesday 4th August

8674planes

Re: Duxford Showcase Days 2020

Post by 8674planes »

April showcase day participants list

https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/showcase- ... tock_image

Hawker Fury Mk.I
Hawker Nimrod Mk.I
Hawker Nimrod Mk.II
Grumman F8F Bearcat
Dh Dragon Rapide
Spitfire Mk.I N3200
Yak 52
Cassutt Racer IIIM
SIAI-Marchetti SF.260
"radial engines don't drip oil, they mark their territory"

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Showcase days on the 4th and 19th August 2020
https://www.iwm.org.uk/events/showcase-days
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

I booked via the IWM members portal and received my email confirmation on 03-07-2020 for both showcase days

However, when I try and print my tickets, despite downloading Adobe Reader again, I get the following error message -

MaximShowTicketsThe Following Error Occured:Report Name could not be retrieved (br=97023190 cid=1239805 e=411)Please contact your ticket provider

Has anybody else had similar issues?

I have emailed IWM and got an auto reply stating that as they are having many queries, it may take some time for them to reply in full.

Thanks

Martin Eames

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

I have exactly the same issue. On top of that I found that the latest "update" for Microsoft Edge prevented me logging in to this site!. Cured that issue by using System Restore (which used to be so much easier to find than it is now) but still same issue with these tickets (one for me and one for a friend) but no problem with tickets for the September show. Let's hope IWM can sort this out within the remaining two weeks! I too have used the "contact IWM" link which seems to work but have not yet received any reply.

If they can't sort this out very soon there will be no attendance at the first of the Showcase Days!
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

Edit to my previous. There are, of course, about 4 weeks until the first Showcase.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Logged into the members portal in Chrome no problems but no link to the e-mail ticket. E-mail to Membership desk sent.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Just out of curiosity, I clicked on the ticket link in the e-mail and hey-presto, the ticket was there.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Snap!

The ticket link in my confirmation email is now working!

Martin Eames

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

I've noticed that my allotted entry time is 06.55. :astonished:

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Yes, mine also shows 06.55. Even if the museum has reopened by then I wouldn't expect the gates to have opened at that time. I might have jumped into the car by then but that's only because it will be the first time I've been anywhere other than my local food superstore in months.

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

Yep! My tickets now print ok. But still can't log in to UKAR in Edge. No problem in Chrome though.....

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

phreakf4 wrote:
Tue 07 Jul 2020, 7:53 pm
Yep! My tickets now print ok. But still can't log in to UKAR in Edge. No problem in Chrome though.....
viewtopic.php?p=889930#p889930
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

neilos

Post by neilos »

On both days, my allocated time is 10am. Looks like I get a lie in.

Just as well I'm only 10mins down the road.... :upside_down:

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Oh dear, that's an early start for me then with a 5am departure. The wording on the ticket is as follows:

'Your allocated entrance time shown on the ticket above is the earliest time you should arrive and your entry time slot
covers half an hour.
Visitors to the museum spend on average up to 2 hours looking round the exhibits and browsing
in our shops. If you think you may not be able to make your allocated entry time slot, please go along to IWM Duxford
and speak to a member of staff who will assist you and ensure you gain entry as soon as possible. You do not need
to contact us in advance to do this.'

It looks like its going to be a long day.

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

My allocated time slot is 06.55 but yesterday when I printed off my ticket for both showcase days, it said 'If you think you may not be able to make your allocated entry time slot, please go along to IWM London and speak to a member of staff......'

I have checked the ticket links again today, and now it says 'If you think you may not be able to make your allocated entry time slot, please go along to IWM Duxford.......' However, my arrival times remains 06.55 for both days.

May be worth checking your tickets via the link again just in case something else changes, eg allocated arrival times.

Martin Eames

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Morning all.

I have just booked tickets for both days on the Member's Portal and have been given the 10.00 time slot.

yannyfoxx

Post by yannyfoxx »

Excuse ignorance but I was thinking about getting tix for this but the entry time issue is confusing me. There is no info about this on the website. Can you not buy tickets and rock up at any time or even just for the afternoon?

xr221

Post by xr221 »

Duxford announced today that they're re-opening on 1/8/20. They will be selling tickets for the 4/8 Showcase Day general admission online from noon on 15/7. Members can obtain tickets (free of charge) online immediately. When you complete your ticket order it has the entry time printed on it. Their website also states that if you are late for your entry time, on arrival just speak to a member of staff who will arrange for you to get in.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

yannyfoxx wrote:
Thu 09 Jul 2020, 7:02 pm
Excuse ignorance but I was thinking about getting tix for this but the entry time issue is confusing me. There is no info about this on the website. Can you not buy tickets and rock up at any time or even just for the afternoon?
The tickets have time slots to pick an entry time, on the hour and the half hour. If you pick a 13.00 time slot then it's valid til 13.30. If you arrive later than 13.30 the you will be let in only if the tickets for the next slots, 13.30 to 14.00, are not sold out. The time slots are to control the number of people queuing/getting in at any one time.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

neilos

Post by neilos »

Pen Pusher wrote:
Sat 11 Jul 2020, 6:22 am
yannyfoxx wrote:
Thu 09 Jul 2020, 7:02 pm
The tickets have time slots to pick an entry time, on the hour and the half hour. If you pick a 13.00 time slot then it's valid til 13.30. If you arrive later than 13.30 the you will be let in only if the tickets for the next slots, 13.30 to 14.00, are not sold out. The time slots are to control the number of people queuing/getting in at any one time.

Brian
That’s even more confusing. I booked my members ticket and wasn’t given the option for a time slot 🤔

DaveBr

Post by DaveBr »

4th August flying list has been updated, to what is presumably now the final expected participation:

Post by 5944 »

DaveBr wrote:
Wed 15 Jul 2020, 2:51 pm
4th August flying list has been updated, to what is presumably now the final expected participation:
Plane Sailing have the Catalina listed for both Showcase days on their website.

Gt5500

Post by Gt5500 »

Just to clear it up for everyone, here is the answer straight from the horses mouth
The wording on the ticket is generic and is appropriate for a visit on a non-event day. For a booking for the two Showcase days that we have on the 4th and 19th August, the information on the website takes precedent. You are welcome to arrive whenever convenient.

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

I've just had a similar message from Customer Services confirming that the museum opens at 10AM and those with showcase tickets can arrive at a time that is convenient for themselves. There may be a short wait due to social distancing etc.