Price drops on Canon R lenses

Discuss equipment and methods or ask for advice
Berf

Price drops on Canon R lenses

Post by Berf »

Seems to be some big price drops on R lenses in the last few days... will they go lower?

DaveBr

Re: Price drops on Canon R lenses

Post by DaveBr »

Where are you seeing price drops? I'm not really seeing it.

Thanks.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Try https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Canon/Canon-EOS-R-System

f2.8L

15-35 2,069 not lowest ever but down on Feb.

24-70 2,250ish down to 2,006 lowest in last year

70-200 2,600ish down to 2,339 lowest in last year

they are about he only ones I am interested in so maybe the ones you are are not down I have not checked them all....

McG

Post by McG »

Canon has a 10% off promo using a voucher code just now.

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

G'day everyone, this is not a response about lens prices but one about discounted camera prices, so I hope that it's OK to post here.
For quite some time, I've been looking for a replacement for my Canon 40D with the aim of demoting my primary camera (a Canon 6D) to back-up and buying a Canon 5DIV to use as my primary camera. Over here in the ex penal colony, we're being bombarded with Easter discount offers and today I received a special offer of 20% off all Canon full-frame cameras. When I checked the retailer's website it was showing 20% off their already-discounted price. I don't know what you blokes over in the UK expect to pay for a Canon 5DIV but, with encouragement from the Director of Home Affairs, I bought one for about GBP1,450. The icing on top is that, in Australia, Canon offers a superior warranty of five years.

Only wish I had an airshow at which I could use it. Most events here in Oz have been cancelled and I am about to cancel our USA flights for Oshkosh 2020. :sad: Maybe next year...

Hope you are all OK and coping with the restrictions on movement and assembly. Stay safe.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

GeorgeP wrote:Hope you are all OK and coping with the restrictions on movement and assembly. Stay safe.

Thanks! :up: Keeping a low profile here!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP