UKAR Forum upgrade

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
Big Eric

Re: UKAR Forum upgrade

Post by Big Eric »

Yes I read your last reply. (I would have added a smiley/emotion/emoticon but the new ones are designed for young children).

So the COVID-19 and Aircraft Music threads are both stickies that both have a red warning triangle until I read them? Are you sure?

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

You haven't read it then. Neither of them are stickies, they are showing those icons by mistake. I have let Sam know and corrections will be made later today/tomorrow. Thank you for flagging it up - it will be fixed.

We haven't "designed" the emoji icons at all - they are a standard typeface that is supported on iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Linux and ChromeOS, which enables people to use their mobile phones/tablets etc to access the full range of emjois and post them to the forum. There is no point in us keeping pixellated and old-fashioned animated gifs when the forum can now support a scaleable typeface across all modern platforms. As Sam said, it's 2020. You can use the emojis on your phone without crashing the forum now like it would have done on the old version. It's an upgrade.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

This should have been fixed now! 🤪🤔
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Thanks for the replies and for fixing it.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

This is probably me but ...
When replying to a post in which I quote the previous one I sometimes find that my contribution is included in the quote box rather than as new material. I didn't have this problem before and am happy to admit it's me but is anybody having the same experience?
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

That depends entirely upon where you place the cursor before you start typing your reply. it should always be after the quote BB code.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Thanks - sorted now.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)