BBMF 50th anniversary - Duxford 5th May 2007

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)
stuart n

BBMF 50th anniversary - Duxford 5th May 2007

Post by stuart n »

A few from a typically cloudy day at Duxford. Only my third outing with a DSLR so some funky settings were selected on the 30D :flushed:

Highlight of the day was seeing all of the fighters on strength at the time in formation with the Lancaster. The fighters then broke away and performed a few flypasts.

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight 50th anniversary formation by stu norris, on Flickr

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Figther Formation - BBMF 50th anniversary Duxford by stu norris, on Flickr

MK356 at the time was in her authentic 443 Squadron markings, she flew all 60 of her combat sorties with the unit including D-Day.

Spitfire LFIXe MK356 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight by stu norris, on Flickr

Spitfire IX MK356 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight by stu norris, on Flickr

Hurricane IIc PZ865 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Hurricane IIc LF363 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Hurricane IIc PZ865 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Spitfire XIX PM631 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Spitfire XIX PS915 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Spitfire IIa P7350 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Douglas DC-3 ZA947 - The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Coningsby by stu norris, on Flickr

Few more here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmN14fNb

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: BBMF 50th anniversary - Duxford 5th May 2007

Post by Blackbird »

Good selection. I do like PZ865 in those colours.

TFS
Andy😀

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

Thanks for sharing. I somehow managed to miss this show. Probably out with 34081.

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

Great pics, the Kuttelwascher and Bird-Wilson schemes are probably my all-time favourite schemes on the two BBMF Hurri's. Loved AB910 in the 303sqn colours too, very nice.