The UK Airshow Review Podcast

Announcements from UK Airshow Review and our partners
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Re: The UK Airshow Review Podcast

Post by Wissam24 »

First to guess before the podcast goes up gets a UKAR patch😜
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

This episode is just me with our guest - Tony de Bruyn of the Bronco Demo Team!

Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

I have a couple of episodes to put in today (I forgot to post the last one here), including our big golden jubilee episode!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Kept you waiting, huh...
We look forward to the upcoming season and chat about the loss of the blades. Plus, I review Devotion.

Skyraider262

Post by Skyraider262 »

Hello,
I just wanted to thank you again for providing these podcasts.
I love going to airshows and your efforts are the only thing that helps to satisfy that. Unfortunately your podcast is also highlighting how they are diminishing and the loss of flying legends is a particularly painful one for me. I went to every one from 1996 and having tried several others around the globe nothing came close. I still hope that it will come back or I magically find an equivalent.
I hope you don't mind me making a constructive suggestion. Can you make provide a bit of background information to some of the items you talk about. For instance you reference the Italian and Poland centenary shows but not when or where they are. I appreciate that we could look them up but it will be useful to hear the basic info on the podcast itself. Also perhaps it would be useful to hear what information sources you use to find about these shows or others. For example is it all social media sourced or are there other websites you would recommend?
One other question is whether you would be receptive to hear any ideas for what we would like to hear in your podcasts or even just Q&A? If you are receptive to this I could start a thread in another part of the forum as I don't want to clog up this one.
I also want to say, and I suspect I am in a minority, how much I loved the comment about Top Gun Maverick, in relation to Devotion. It really made me laugh.
Anyway, thanks for the effort you all go to in making these and I will continue to scan regularly for the next one.
Kind regards.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Thanks for the kind words Skyraider, glad you're enjoying the podcast! I'm also hoping we will hear more on Flying Legends at some point.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it's certainly worth us doing so, but it can be quite easy to get lost in the conversation once we get into it and just start chatting away with the assumptions. We'll try and make more of a conscious effort to give those kind of details I think.

Mostly it's all social media for the most part but I have mentioned a few sites before like Milavia.net who have a good global airshow calendar. I usually do try to mention sources when I bring them up. Generally speaking though it's often "on the grapevine" things!

We're always open to suggestions, please fire away!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Our latest podcast episode is up! We recorded it before last week's RIAT update but we discuss the burning issues of that day!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

We go over some recent airshow news as well as talk about flares in displays.

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Latest episode is up, discussing the titanic Largs Viking Festival news!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Latest episode out! Sam, Dom, Ian and I are talking Argentine 737 at RIAT, more airshow nostalgia, and RAF Cosford Airshow antipathy.

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

interesting views on the latest pod about the air to air aspect.

it does feel like certain groups are constantly pricing people out of the market so only a small number of rich customers are paying and allowing the organizers a free flight

that said, i think aero legends do air to air with a spitfire for only a few hundred quid, i know a bunch of my lads have done those so it is still accessible

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Our latest episode is out - Nige has joined us again to review the Cosford Air Show while Sam and Dan chat about the Italian 100th Anniversary show

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

Our RIAT preview episode has just landed where we discuss all things Air Tattoo. Sam and Ian lament the loss of the Zambian Air Force while Tom shares a 'cosplay' experience.

Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

A little later than we hoped 😅 but here are our spoken word reviews of RIAT and Flying Legends (feat. Jakub Zurek)

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

looking forward to this one

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

New Podcast Episode!

For our 60th episode, We sat down for a great chat with Ellie “Dragon Girl” Carter!

Follow this Soundcloud link to listen:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

In episode 61 we have none other than Rich Cooper on to talk about his extensive career in aviation photography and journalism and COAP Online!

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

We spoke to Graham Buckle about the Meteor NF14 WS788 restoration!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

The latest episode is now available. The gang talks about their reflections on the 2023 season and looks ahead to 2024, and I spoke about some of the differences noted at Japanese airshows.

kevinp30

Post by kevinp30 »

Have been working my way through the podcasts from the very start during my recent travels and daily commute. I literally howling in the car this evening listening to the 2020 bloopers! Keep up the great work!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Good to hear, thank you!

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

New episode - perfect background noise for wrapping the bathbomb set you've got the other half for the umpteenth year running.

In this one, we talk about some of the unseasonably early airshow announcements for the likes of Old Warden, Midlands Air Festival, and RIAT, and look ahead to the 2024 season.

Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

Thanks for the podcasts this year; both listening and participating has been a lot of fun!
Meteor WS788/ Chippy WK640 Restoration Project, YAM
Shack WR963, Coventry
Other types meddled with by request!

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Coming soon to a podcast episode (or 2) near you

Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Our last episode of 2023 (recorded) and first of 2024 (published) is live - not the Richard Grace ones but a Christmas Roundup, Danish delights and Flying Legend Lamentations