Garden Blackbird

Photos that are not aviation related
Ian G
UKAR Staff

Garden Blackbird

Post by Ian G »

So Peter sent me a whatsapp with a pic of his reflection pool. I was eager to try something similar after he'd shown me some of his great images so I've had a quick go with a large growbag tray. It's not quite wide enough to hide the tray in the final images so I may have to have a go with a home-built one later. There are plenty of ideas on the internet on how to make them and it's been lovely to see birds dip in and out. Pigeons are a bit messy though but I've had Coal Tits, Robins and Mr and Mrs Blackbird during the last bout of hot weather. I'll be trying again this week if I get chance and now the birds are used to the tray being there. Here's some results of the Blackbird though, foraging for nest material. I did put some bits of moss at the edge but it did make the tray go quite messy so the last time before I cleaned the pool, it was just stones which works quite well. Thanks for the inspiration, Peter!

Blackbird - Turdus merula by Ian Garfield, on Flickr

Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Peter345

Re: Garden Blackbird

Post by Peter345 »

Good stuff Garf. Let's see those tits... It's been ages since Colin the coal tit visited our garden.
Those pigeons are a pain aren't they!