Apologies if asked before.

Definitely going to RIAT next year.

My question is - Saturday or Sunday ?

Different planes - things going on ?

Thanks

Stagger2

Re: Saturday and/or Sunday

Post by Stagger2 »

'Lucky Dip' my inquisitive buddy! Even the Organising Committee don't know the answers.
Safe to say based on previous experience that Saturday tends to be better for content, serviceability & aircraft returning to Fairford to land ready for Sunday show. Aside from displays departing "off-slot" on Sunday, there has been many previous cases of static display items having already relocated to * Farnborough on Saturday evening or early Sunday ready for their Borefest!
( * Not due until 2022, if at all?)

rockfordstone

Post by rockfordstone »

depending on how they do the weekend some displays will be on both days (like the reds typically), some will be 1 or the other.
whichever day you chose you are unlikely to be disappointed

CJS

Post by CJS »

I agree with the choice, on balance, of Saturday. I've had to go Sunday for various reasons a few times and I think there's always that chance that something could break on Saturday and not be fixed in time for Sunday.

TBH I'm not sure the Farnborough thing makes one iota of difference anymore.

But, like others have said, whichever day you go will be fab 👍🏼
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

Stagger2 wrote:
Wed 22 Jul 2020, 8:05 am
Safe to say based on previous experience that Saturday tends to be better for content, serviceability & aircraft returning to Fairford to land ready for Sunday show. Aside from displays departing "off-slot" on Sunday, there has been many previous cases of static display items having already relocated to * Farnborough on Saturday evening or early Sunday ready for their Borefest!
( * Not due until 2022, if at all?)
I thought during Farnborough years RIAT is now the weekend after FIA, as Farnborough dropped its public airshow/rip off (Choose your preferred option). Well to be sure you are at Fairford at the best day: go both days and check the souvenir program which day which aircraft fly. Maybe you miss out on one special item. If that is something you don't want you should also go on Friday.
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

RAF4EVER

Post by RAF4EVER »

It is RIAT then FIA