RIAT 2021

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
edhunter

RIAT 2021

Post by edhunter »

I hope it is ok to start a forum for the build up to next year's Riat, for my post i would like to add a small wishlist for the airshow which is as follows;
A-10 ( flying )
B-2 ( static )
C-5 ( static )
Kc-46 ( static & flying)
Raf P-8 ( static )
B-1 ( static & flying )
Su-25 static & flying)
Blue angels

CJS

Re: RIAT 2021

Post by CJS »

You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

CJS wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020, 8:51 am
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85619
i should have added participation on to the title of the forum my bad.

JJC

Post by JJC »

ROKAF Black Eagles rumoured to be making a welcome return to Europe Next year....although details are scant and there is nothing to suggest RIAT have had a response back...

From European Airshows on Facebook:
Some optimistic news for the 2021 Airshow season!

The world-famous South Korean aerobatic team the "Black Eagles" flying eight KAI T-50 Golden Eagle supersonic advanced trainers and light combat aircraft is considering a short European tour in July 2021! While not many details are known yet both the Royal International Air Tattoo and the MAKS-2021 International Aviation and Space Salon have already sent invitation letters to the Chief of Air Staff of the Republic of Korea Air Force and recently the General Director of Aviasalon JSC, Alexander Levin met with the ROKAF Attaché Colonel Kim Yong Wook to discuss the conditions for the participation of the team.

The Black Eagles are part of the 8th Fighter Wing of the Republic of Korea Air Force and are based at Wonju AB, in Gangwon province. Their last European visit in 2012 saw the team perform at the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in 2012 where they won the King Hussein Memorial Sword, for the " 'Best Overall Flying Demonstration' and the 'As The Crow Flies Trophy'. They also displayed at the RAF Waddington International Air Show where they were awarded the Boeing Trophy for the best display.

While we can't predict the future and how the COVID situation will look next year we can only hope with our fingers and toes crossed that the team will make it to at least one of those events!

Photo Source: The Republic of Korea Air Force Aerobatic Team, Black Eagles
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Jeez was it really 8 years ago they were at RIAT!
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

edhunter

Post by edhunter »

i put same post in other chat for time for some fun riat 2021.