'Del Boy' Battle of Britain and BBMF documentary.

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
keithjs

'Del Boy' Battle of Britain and BBMF documentary.

Post by keithjs »

Saw this advertised in the wife's TV magazine today. Due for transmission on Battle of Britain Day next Tuesday. Might be worth a watch? Filmed back in July apparently.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week ... avid-jason
...Rad shutters auto.

CJS

Re: 'Del Boy' Battle of Britain and BBMF documentary.

Post by CJS »

What's the betting the lucky bugger got a ride in the Lancaster?!

Still, it's David Jason, so he probably deserves it!

I'll be watching I should think, thanks for the heads up :up:
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"

GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Should have got Rodders to do it instead........he actually does have an interest in the subject.

Nic Lyndhurst grew up surrounded by old militaria, and WW2 stuff, and by all accounts developed quite a geeky knowledge on the subject. Back in the late 80's/early 90's I used to go on a regular basis to a Sunday morning militaria fair that his Joe, his father, used to hold in his 'back yard' of his farm down in Sussex.

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

I'll set the box to record, thanks for the heads up.

For what it's worth, David Jason used to have a gliding licence, so he must be fairly well air-minded and appreciative of the subject?

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Thanks for posting, I've set the box to record. Sir David Jason mentioned in a recent TV programme that he holds a licence to fly helicopters and he seemed really interested and knowledgeable on aviation matters.

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

GeeRam wrote:
Tue 08 Sep 2020, 8:50 pm
Should have got Rodders to do it instead........he actually does have an interest in the subject.

Nic Lyndhurst grew up surrounded by old militaria, and WW2 stuff, and by all accounts developed quite a geeky knowledge on the subject. Back in the late 80's/early 90's I used to go on a regular basis to a Sunday morning militaria fair that his Joe, his father, used to hold in his 'back yard' of his farm down in Sussex.
Ah, right, didn't know that. Maybe thats why he enjoyed making Goodnight Sweetheart so much? Might have been a lot of his own props?
...Rad shutters auto.

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

What a fantastic sounding programme will definately have to watch it, will make a great change from all those Soaps and other nonsence being shown at the moment. Lovely Jubbly! (Sorry)..........

CJS

Post by CJS »

He also did the welcome video for the virtual RIAT this year. Not one of his more polished performances IMHO, but he's certainly an aviation fan, no question.
"There's only one way of life, and that's your own"