Meteor T7 WA591

Discussions regarding historic aircraft, restoration and preservation etc
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Meteor T7 WA591

Post by Blackbird »

I've just seen that this has been donated to Planes of Fame at Chino.

Full article here: http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/p ... sifQ%3D%3D

Andy

Mike

Re: Meteor T7 WA591

Post by Mike »

Yes. One of the mods here was kind enough to tweet them and inform them that they’ll crash it within 5 years. Classy!

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

Mike wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020, 7:42 am
Yes. One of the mods here was kind enough to tweet them and inform them that they’ll crash it within 5 years. Classy!
Ouch! That's a bit harsh, although it's true that the Meteor didn't have the best safety record in service. Fingers crossed for many years of safe operation into the future for PoF with this one.

Mike

Post by Mike »

It was more a direct dig at PoF than a comment about the type’s safety record. He then chose to double down by pointing out to them that they had crashed the flying wing.

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

Double ouch! I'm struggling to think of any other PoF aircraft lost in recent years other than the N9M, and the official report on that accident isn't even out yet.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Mike wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020, 11:54 am
It was more a direct dig at PoF than a comment about the type’s safety record. He then chose to double down by pointing out to them that they had crashed the flying wing.
You sure about that?
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Would be very surprise if PoF actually fly the Meteor. Many aircraft in their collection are described as airworthy but are rarely flown. Assume its "donation" is because the owner was sadly killed in a Venom crash couple of years ago. Tragic turn of events as it had only just been sold by Air Atlantique and exported to the USA.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks for pointing that out Doughnut - I'll let the friend who is getting ready to get his type rating in it know that he's wasting his time. :rolling_eyes:

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Congratulations to your friend and best of luck with flying the Meteor. The point is many aircraft live at Chino but not all aircraft there fly. It is a great shame on the UK and the CAA that we can not operate and enjoy these types in British sky's. If USA can do it best of luck and I hope to once again be able to visit and enjoy them in the USA. No offence meant just making an observation. Be sure to post its first flight in California sky's.