New show date 18th October Season finale?

Discussion forum for all things Shuttleworth
pb643

New show date 18th October Season finale?

Post by pb643 »

To ward off my Duxford disappointment I decided to book tickets to the remaining two Old Warden shows, the theory being they are now likely to be on greater demand..

It appears there are now 3, 27th September De Havilland, 4th October Race celebration and the 18th October Season finale.

So I now have tickets to all three. I realise the weather will play a huge factor, but they deserve the support.

What are the chances of the BBMF turning up for a full display, it's got to be reasonable, I would have thought.

Mike

Re: New show date 18th October Season finale?

Post by Mike »

I suspect BBMF will be endIng their season after Headcorn (if it still goes ahead). The Reds are effectively done already (Duxford was to be their last weekend).

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

These "Drive In" events at Old Warden; are you literally restricted to your car/the immediate area wherever you're parked? Are there any book/model stores to wander around for a mooch? Can you walk the flight-line?

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

At the most recent one you were allowed to walk around the site and the flight line before the show started and there were a couple of stools set up, I didn't wander over there to see what they were. The house was open for a tour as was the Swiss Garden, which was also open for a general wander and the hangars were open too. At the first two shows nothing was open and it was just your box and a walk up to the food stools and the toilets.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

Struggling to decide whether to go to the next show, caught between two stools you could say.

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

itfcscott wrote:
Mon 14 Sep 2020, 8:49 pm
At the most recent one you were allowed to walk around the site and the flight line before the show started and there were a couple of stools set up, I didn't wander over there to see what they were. The house was open for a tour as was the Swiss Garden, which was also open for a general wander and the hangars were open too. At the first two shows nothing was open and it was just your box and a walk up to the food stools and the toilets.
Cheers, I might just take a punt with the 18th Oct then (starting to get withdrawl symptoms, I've got to get some kind of airshow fix for 2020 :anguished:)

grant_w

Post by grant_w »

Roughcutter wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020, 11:49 am
itfcscott wrote:
Mon 14 Sep 2020, 8:49 pm
Cheers, I might just take a punt with the 18th Oct then (starting to get withdrawl symptoms, I've got to get some kind of airshow fix for 2020 :anguished:)
It was our first trip to a Shuttleworth airshow, we drove up, parked in our box, and a steward was walking past so I asked him what the deal was and he told me we were free to walk around the site (hangars, flightline, house/gardens etc) until the flying display starts, then everyone has to be back in their box, only leaving for essentials (food and toilet breaks)

rdchawk

Post by rdchawk »

Event now Cancelled according to their website
What do you call a horse that lives nextdoor?? - A Neigh-bour!
Whisky Connoisseur

Aquarious

Post by Aquarious »

Not surprising really, though it is a shame. I think it was a bit late in the season and I'm guessing that finding participants away from OW so late was difficult.

Roughcutter

Post by Roughcutter »

I guess that's the final nail in this season's coffin then :frowning2:
What a vintage this year has been

pb643

Post by pb643 »

Aquarious wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020, 12:06 pm
Not surprising really, though it is a shame. I think it was a bit late in the season and I'm guessing that finding participants away from OW so late was difficult.
I do wonder how good ticket sales were too.

ted633

Post by ted633 »

According to a reply on their Instagram page, cancelled due to 'predicted unpleasant weather'.

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

By that logic they would surely cancel race day too?

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

ted633 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020, 5:06 pm
According to a reply on their Instagram page, cancelled due to 'predicted unpleasant weather'.
This was the reply i got on Twitter:

We have chosen to cancel our Season Finale airshow due to the predicted unpleasant weather. Therefore this Sunday will be our last airshow of the year.