Sleap Aerobatic Competitions. 12th September, 2020

Photos of light aircraft, gliders, helicopters and anything that isn't commercial
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Sleap Aerobatic Competitions. 12th September, 2020

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I popped in to Sleap on Saturday, while the Golding-Barrett, Roy Legg and Duxford trophies were being contested.

The flying elements of an aerobatic competition are a challenging watch, the 'box' being higher and somewhat further away than we're used to at airshows. However, each slot leads straight into the next, and each competitor flies twice, in a known and unknown sequence, so there is much coming and going, and so plenty of action in the 'pits'. Sleap is great for getting up close to the parking area; these machines are powerful little beasts, mostly.

Locally based Anson G-VROE flew during the day, and Team Raven flew in and performed a display practice during the lunch break.

Some pics, not brilliant but hey, I'm just delighted to be posting some pics on here that are new!

capercaillie

Re: Sleap Aerobatic Competitions. 12th September, 2020

Post by capercaillie »

Very nice. Had a few Extras practicing locally, sort of makes sense now. Nice props work too.

That Anson looks awful now though, what did they think they were doing? Was it film work?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

It is awful. I'm not sure what the motivation was. Its certainly a backward step from its last scheme.

Ant.H

Post by Ant.H »

Lovely shots, was the Jungmeister competing or just visiting?

Paintjob on the Anson looks temporary to me, it's wearing off already on the wing root fillets. Here's hoping the rest of it comes off ASAP, the 50's silver was much more attractive and accurate.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Ant.H wrote:
Fri 18 Sep 2020, 3:07 pm
Lovely shots, was the Jungmeister competing or just visiting?

Paintjob on the Anson looks temporary to me, it's wearing off already on the wing root fillets. Here's hoping the rest of it comes off ASAP, the 50's silver was much more attractive and accurate.
The Jungmeister is based there I think. The two Jungmann 'Old Buckers' display act is based here too, and is affiliated to or part of the organisation that owns the Anson. I assume this Jungmeister is connected in some way. Could be wrong, of course.