Tamiya 1/72 Corsair II

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
Seamus

Tamiya 1/72 Corsair II

Post by Seamus »

Afternoon all,

Hot off the bench, No.23 for the year and a return to the Fleet Air Arm with my second Corsair of the year, this time finished as a Mk II with the help once again of an Xtradecal sheet. I threw in some Eduard seat belts but otherwise it is built from the box. Finished as ever using Hataka Orange Line, with Tamiya and Alclad providing a base for the chipping. Still working on mastering that technique, which is made all the more difficult using Lacquer paints...

ImageTamiya 1/72 Vought Corsair II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed,

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

FarnboroJohn

Re: Tamiya 1/72 Corsair II

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Oof! If that's you getting to grips with chipping heaven help us when you master it... Lovely job. How are you doing your chipping? Particularly as you seem to have no difficulty generating the e3ffect all round a tubular nose!

Seamus

Re: Tamiya 1/72 Corsair II

Post by Seamus »

Thank you, for the chipping I carefully applied some masking fluid using a piece sponge on top of the base colours, effectively drybrushing it on so as to keep the 'chips' small and random. After unmasking I wasn't too happy with the walkways so I further enhanced the effect here in the same way but applying silver paint instead. The final result isn't as effective as it would be using chipping fluids, hairspray technique etc but these can't be done using lacquers as water won't penetrate the topcoat and dissolve the solutions below, so making fluid will have to do!
My shots on Flickr and Airliners