Yorkshire Air Museum

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
nuuumannn

Yorkshire Air Museum

Post by nuuumannn »

The third in this series of images taken in 2018 is the terrific Yorkshire Air Museum.

The only place outside of France where one can see a Mirage IV.

ImageYAM 03

Lusty Lindy.

ImageYAM 08

The thoroughly inspiring Halifax reproduction is YAM's raison d'etre.

ImageYAM 25

Beautifully restored Waco CG-4A.

ImageYAM 34

Smart Hunter T.7 in 92 Sqn Blue.

ImageYAM 43

Javelin, Lightning and Tornado awaiting their turn at restoration.

ImageYAM 46

Interesting RAF bomb display, from L to R, 12,000lb Tall Boy, 500lb GP Mk.2, 1,000lb GP Mk.4, 400 Kt WE.177A.

ImageYAM 52

Boulton Paul Type C turret as fitted to early model Halifaxes and Lockheed Hudsons and Venturas.

ImageYAM 62

Relics from the loss of the rigid airship R.38 over the Humber Estuary in 1921. The airship had taken off from nearby Howden.

ImageYAM 69

An intriguing model of a supersonic strike aircraft incorporating variable geometry wings within the Barnes Wallis display room.

ImageYAM 76

More images here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147661871 ... 626310701/

Thanks for looking.

ianf

Re: Yorkshire Air Museum

Post by ianf »

A nice set there Gary. The second is my favourite for some reason.... It looks like we was in when you visited with the crew door open. I liked the indoors stuff, working there, I don't get into the exhibits as much as I should. Thanks for sharing.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

nuuumannn

Re: Yorkshire Air Museum

Post by nuuumannn »

ianf wrote:
Tue 01 Dec 2020, 11:19 am
A nice set there Grant. The second is my favourite for some reason.... It looks like we was in when you visited with the crew door open. I liked the indoors stuff, working there, I don't get into the exhibits as much as I should. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Ian, yes, the day I was there, I got chatting to one of your compadres about the Victor. I've been going to YAM for many years and I'm always pleasantly surprised by what is on offer there, it really is a great place.