Cosford Airshow 2022

Forum for information about the annual show at RAF Cosford
spellow3010

Re: Cosford Airshow 2022

Post by spellow3010 »

The Belgian F-16 definitely 'flared' a number of times at the Danish Air Show last weekend, operating out of Karup, where the show was taking place. Albeit, it was operating from the other side of the base away from the public.

Was great to see an already magical F-16 routine enhanced further by flares.
Now officially qualifies as a 'regular' at Famous Dave's - El Centro

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Funnily enough, we were having this discussion ourselves after Karup and I think, certainly in the case of displays like that where they're just popping a flare out once a second very briefly, it actually doesn't really add anything at all to a fast jet demo bar a slight novelty. Unless they're all released in a big load like the Gripen (or, dare I say, the Russian Knights), you can take or leave it really, and I think the big hoo-hah about not having flares at shows in the UK is largely for nothing.

Anyway, I know Dom's review for the site is coming soon but we chatted about the show on our latest podcast episode:

Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "The Lynx Effect" - Dominic Vickery was getting back into the swing of things at the largest airshow held in the UK since 2019.

Image Image Image