BBMF Newsletter

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
melcragg

BBMF Newsletter

Post by melcragg »

This was mentioned in the BBMF newsletter.

"We are looking at changing some of the displays this year and will hopefully be making regular appearances with a more modern RAF fighter, I won’t give any more away for now, but hopefully lots to look forward to and sights that haven’t been seen for a while."

Interesting, what could it be?

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: BBMF Newsletter

Post by Tommy »

That’s quite interesting - sounds like some form of a return of the Spitfire/Typhoon pairings (I don’t see the F-35 being able to commit to work-up/PDA/commitments).

Whether it be a couple of token flypasts, or a full-fat synchro display, I guess we’ll have to see.

Interesting news, anyway! 👍🏻

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

I agree Tom, odds on its a return of the Typhoon synchro display, but whatever it turns out to be its reassuring that the Air Force is making the most of what its able to offer.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

I never got to see it back in 2015. Really glad to hear they will bring back WWII Aircraft/Fast Jet. Typhoon makes most sense as I don't see them going with an F35 or Hawk T2.

I did see the Mig 29 with a Hurricane a few years back and it was remarkable. Looking forward to this if it comes to be!

Blackjack Typhoon and Night fighter BBMF Hurricane?

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

The comparison is probably a little stretched, to be fair.

The MiG-29 and Hurricane (a great symbolic moment) was a Polish MiG and (iirc) G-ROBT. A Polish display pilot and a U.K. civilian pilot - I imagine that there’s not a lot of room to work up and achieve an authorisation for anything more than a few formation flypasts on a single Saturday afternoon.

The Typhoon (if it is one) and BBMF are co-based RAF units, who have much more scope to work-up and get authorisation for a display.

jasonT1981

Post by jasonT1981 »

Tommy wrote:
Wed 12 Jan 2022, 12:26 pm
The comparison is probably a little stretched, to be fair.

Oh I know, I was just saying that was the only time I've seen a fast jet/WWII aircraft together and looking forward to seeing what the BBMF have as I missed out back in 2015.

Reds Rolling

Post by Reds Rolling »

I'd preferably like to see a Hurricane and Typhoon pair.

(Even more so if they were actually both Hawkers) :drool: