Post by Big Eric »

Errmm...........

alisdairanderson

Re: Heathrow - 11th February 2022

Post by alisdairanderson »

Big Eric wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 6:14 pm
Errmm...........
:-) User-error on the 'Submit' button, and then dinner was on the table!! Photos added now !!!

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Nice shots too, and well worth the wait! Thanks for posting them. :-)

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

alisdairanderson wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 6:38 pm
Big Eric wrote:
Mon 14 Feb 2022, 6:14 pm
Errmm...........
:-) User-error on the 'Submit' button, and then dinner was on the table!! Photos added now !!!
I was going to be cheeky and say was it foggy? :grinning: certainly nice pics and love the red kite as well.
Can I ask where they were taken from please? At first I thought it was either Myrtle Ave or Cains Lane but the BEA retro looks too elevated for that

thanks for posting them, very enjoyable
Andy
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

alisdairanderson

Thanks chaps.

Andy - All bar the BEA are from a field at the farside of the football club, so south of Myrtle Avenue. The BEA one is alongside the A30 where the exit-slip road is for Terminal 4 - the land rises up slightly.... I knew there was a shot here, so went to investigate - it's taken between street-light poles, so an A321 is probably the longest aircraft that will fit -

Thx
Alisdair

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Excellent set, and the Red Kite is superb!

Andy

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

alisdairanderson wrote:
Tue 15 Feb 2022, 5:09 am
Thanks chaps.

Andy - All bar the BEA are from a field at the farside of the football club, so south of Myrtle Avenue. The BEA one is alongside the A30 where the exit-slip road is for Terminal 4 - the land rises up slightly.... I knew there was a shot here, so went to investigate - it's taken between street-light poles, so an A321 is probably the longest aircraft that will fit -

Thx
Alisdair
Thanks Alisdair, the football club is where I normally go - on the training pitch. I've got an annual social membership there which is handy parking at £15 a year. I was there in December and we had a red kite around, it must know it will get fed regularly there. I assume it was on the conifers at the end of the training pitch.

I didn't realise it was two different locations (I thought the other angles looked familiar), I know the slip road bank that you mean but have never tried it. Thanks for the info
Andy
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

alisdairanderson

andygolfer wrote:
Tue 15 Feb 2022, 8:39 am

Thanks Alisdair, the football club is where I normally go - on the training pitch. I've got an annual social membership there which is handy parking at £15 a year. I was there in December and we had a red kite around, it must know it will get fed regularly there. I assume it was on the conifers at the end of the training pitch.

I didn't realise it was two different locations (I thought the other angles looked familiar), I know the slip road bank that you mean but have never tried it. Thanks for the info
Andy
Yes, the conifers at the back, but being the 'other side' of them gave some lovely light on the bird :-)
A

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Some stonking photos, the red kite wow !