Victory Show, Cosby 2 - 4 Sept 2022

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
IP1960

Victory Show, Cosby 2 - 4 Sept 2022

Post by IP1960 »

Great to see that this has been confirmed for 2022, after some doubt that it would continue after 2021.

As ever, no airshow or battle re-enactment on the Friday, although there are usually some aircraft arrivals.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Victory Show, Cosby 2 - 4 Sept 2022

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

First aircraft announcements are B-17 'Sally B', PBY Catalina 'Miss Pick Up' and the Historic Army Aircraft Flight.

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

The website is a bit of a mess this year, but it appears this is the final list of airshow participants:

-PBY Catalina
-B-17
-TF-51D Mustang
-Buchon 'White 9'
-Spitfire IX MH415
-Spitfire V EE602
-Hurricane P2902
-Staggerwing
-Lysander (ARCo)
-C-47 'Drag em Oot'
-Spitfire XIX PS853 - Sunday only
-Red Arrows Flypast - Sunday only
-HAAF: Beaver, Scout, Sioux, Auster

A little thinner than last year imo, but will be good to see the Staggerwing and Lysander if they land.

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

The Lysander & Staggerwing are down for the nightshoot tomorrow

I’m still undecided for this, the weather looks a big dodge
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

IP1960

Post by IP1960 »

Domvickery wrote:
Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:01 am
The Lysander & Staggerwing are down for the nightshoot tomorrow

I’m still undecided for this, the weather looks a big dodge
I'm there tomorrow, looks much better now than I had feared! Cloudy but dry, low twenties. Sunday looks a bit more damp in the afternoon.

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

Wish they wouldn’t announce a list of aircraft and then not tell you that they are actually only there one day. Enjoyed the flying though

Mike

Post by Mike »

Wish people wouldn’t make cryptic comments about aircraft only being there one day then not actually tell you the details.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

UKAirshowTour wrote:
Sat 03 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm
Wish they wouldn’t announce a list of aircraft and then not tell you that they are actually only there one day. Enjoyed the flying though
Ah they did that last year, the full programme was only booked for the Sunday.

What’s the difference, what was missing today, and what’s the programme for tomorrow?

UKAirshowTour

Post by UKAirshowTour »

The historic army team left today so no idea if they are coming back and only had 2 aircraft , the staggerwing arrived at the end of the show and the hurricane left too so no idea if that’s returning

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

A couple of interesting landings today, namely the crosswind Catalina wheelie and MH415 clipping the top of a tree!

Nice show but a shame about the overcast conditions from a photographic perspective. And I agree about the programme - who knows what’s going to fly tomorrow.

Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Post by Wrexham Mackem »

Just to complete the picture on the flying display; the AAC Historic Flight didn't return and so were a miss from the Sunday flying, as was the Lancaster (crosswind preventing takeoff) and the Red Arrows (yet another technical issue for them). The Staggerwing displayed.

Another very enjoyable day out at a unique event. A few small tweaks could make it perfect, one of which would be a published flying programme for each day. The flightline walk is pointless for photographers, it needs the public to be kept a respectful distance from the aircraft, and a gap between land battle and airshow start would be very welcome.

But the show ground in general is tremendous entertainment, the re-enactors really do bring history to life. Brilliant.

Andy'll do

Post by Andy'll do »

I went to the show on Saturday & as I do every year, really enjoyed it. Personally I didn't mind one or two of the advertised aircraft not appearing, I was just happy to see what I did, particularly Sally B & the Lancaster. As for all the hardware on the ground & the reenactors to add a bit of realism, absolutely fantastic & all for £25. Give me that any day than paying £33 this coming Saturday to go to Bramall Lane for Blades v Millers(just put that in as a comparison).
That will probably be the only show of any sort I get to this year & I'm sure I'm not the only one,who from now on will be seriously counting the pennies,so I was more than happy. Roll on 2023 !!

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »