Buzzards at Lakenheath

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Buzzards at Lakenheath

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Some of last week's action in Suffolk. Started at and ended the day at Mildenhall for some RC-135 variants as I'd never photographed one before, and had hoped for some KC-10s to fill that void in my image library too, but sadly those movements coincided with the busy periods at Lakenheath. Alas, you can't be in two places at once so they'll have to wait for another day.

Early morning arrival to RWY 28 for RC-135U 64-14849 meant the light was a bit tail-on. Between that and choosing a bad spot with lots of the tree tops in the frame, I came away with nothing more than a record shot sadly. Hope to see it again over John's field one day.

Then over to join the crowds at Lakenheath. Seemed a relatively quiet day judging by what I've seen in the recent daily threads on FC, but there was an excellent half hour as everything came back to base at once and the circuit was full.

I'm starting to really like the F-35s, they're very entertaining to watch.

The visiting F-16s recovering from their morning sorties. Glad to bag the two 'Have Glass' schemes as last time they were here the one they brought didn't fly on the day I visited. Some of those in the older paint have a very raggedy appearance.

89-0505 from Seymour Johnson AFB made an appearance early afternoon after a lengthy stay in Greece - it lost its canopy in flight last autumn and has been undergoing repairs since.

Always nice to see the F-15Cs still soldiering on despite their depleted numbers - the same pair flew AM and PM. The size comparison to an F-16 is quite something.

And finally back to Mildenhall for JAKE 11H. The light was much better than it had been in the morning, though I'm still not thrilled with the shots I took. At least I have photographed one now, but plenty of room for improvement.

If you made it this far, thanks for looking.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

bigcrow

Re: Buzzards at Lakenheath

Post by bigcrow »

Lovely set mate, Have Glass AV's look great

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

Very Nice
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees

Airwolfhound