Final Hawk T1s from RNAS Culdrose

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts

Final Hawk T1s from RNAS Culdrose

Post by 106500 »

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Re: Final Hawk T1s from RNAS Culdrose

Post by Tommy »

Not worth making a separate thread, but here’s the pair of Hawks that conducted the flypast yesterday making their final (for now) landing at RAF Shawbury:

Flying a “BYEKERNO” callsign. I think earlier in the day they flew as “BYEFOST”

Hawkkeeper

Post by Hawkkeeper »

Not quite the end of Hawk at Culdrose XX280 has been gifted to the base as a gate guard, the location on Culdrose has NOT been finalised yet, but it will appear in 2023.

Professor_M

Post by Professor_M »

Hawkkeeper wrote:
Fri 01 Apr 2022, 6:59 pm
Not quite the end of Hawk at Culdrose XX280 has been gifted to the base as a gate guard, the location on Culdrose has NOT been finalised yet, but it will appear in 2023.
Eurodemobbed reminded me of this this evening when looking at the mass exodus of Sea Harriers this year from Culdrose to St Athan, there are some photos of it online preserved at Culdrose last year, but no idea where it is on base, or if visible from outside, can't find it on Google Maps satellite view.

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

Professor_M wrote:
Thu 04 Jan 2024, 5:52 pm
Eurodemobbed reminded me of this this evening when looking at the mass exodus of Sea Harriers this year from Culdrose to St Athan, there are some photos of it online preserved at Culdrose last year, but no idea where it is on base, or if visible from outside, can't find it on Google Maps satellite view.
Scroll down to the bottom and there is a photo from September 2023 showing it's position but I have no idea where that is on site:

https://www.ukairfieldguide.net/airfields/Culdrose
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

hedgerowops1

Post by hedgerowops1 »

if you drive past the base on the A3083 as if you were going to the Lizard when you get to the roundabout with a turn to Gweek B3293 its on that corner of the airfield

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Agreed. At approx' 50.078369-5.23995 location. When compared to the picture linked by hunterxf382 you can even see the same SERCO 'Aircraft Engineering Support Team' trailer in the same car-park. (using Google Maps Streetview from the A-3083 outside the fence) but no Hawk on the version I saw. :grimacing:

EGDR

Post by EGDR »

It was there for a short period, but simply sat on its undercarriage just inside the fence. Has since been removed again (October) in order to be prepped for long term display, presumably in the same location.