unusual il-76

Discuss all things 'aviation' that do not fit into a more appropriate forum
HeyfordDave111

unusual il-76

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

just noticed @ 9.19pm on Adsb a Russian Military Il-76 RA-78831 heading down the Baltic having just passed Tallinn and abeam Stockholm heading west south west at 28,000ft

Not seen one before, but unless it turns round it's going to cross European countries soon, maybe its bringing 'chicks'? Either way is a Russian military aircraft allowed in European airspace at the moment?
Got to love Russianhardware

DerekF

Re: unusual il-76

Post by DerekF »

Probably going to Kaliningrad, the Russian Baltic enclave.

Berf

Post by Berf »

Unless it is within 12nm of the coast of any particular country it is in international airspace - it is not 'European ' airspace even if ATC is provided by a 'European country'. State aircraft - mil police customs - do not have to follow civil regulations in international airspace... or so I understand

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Berf wrote:
Thu 31 Mar 2022, 7:14 am
Unless it is within 12nm of the coast of any particular country it is in international airspace - it is not 'European ' airspace even if ATC is provided by a 'European country'. State aircraft - mil police customs - do not have to follow civil regulations in international airspace... or so I understand
Yup agreed, she was tracking right down the middle of the 12mile limit gap then as that widened, turned south west and 10 minutes later went 'Dark'. However, as the previous poster posted, she probably dropped into 'friendly' airspace rather than go further west, but in all honesty i dont know.
Got to love Russianhardware