Thunder over Michigan - unbelievable

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
Berf

Thunder over Michigan - unbelievable

Post by Berf »

A show I was toying with the idea of attending but opted for Edwards instead. Still it was one I had pencilled in for the future but I have just seen the price:

225USD for a half day show - they are running a show in the morning and another in the afternoon. If you want to stay for the afternoon its USD395. Ok that's for the car with all occupants but its most likely I would be on my own - just like many people. Anyone from the UK would probably want to attend both days - that's USD790. It's just not happening!

verreli

Re: Thunder over Michigan - unbelievable

Post by verreli »

Strange when most US shows are free to attend. I wonder how many will attend?

GeorgeP

Post by GeorgeP »

If you can shoe-horn 20 people into a Mini, then it's worth the entry price. Like you, I'll be solo, so too much to pay for a half-day airshow. I do know that most of the photo pit tickets for this year have been sold and that last year's show was well-attended.

FYI, this year's line-up is excellent: 2 x Spits, 2 x Hurris, 1 x Mossie, 1 x Bf109G, 1 x Firefly, 1 x Vampire, 1 x Lysander, plus the usual suspects. It has always been a great show and I hope to attend one day.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Berf wrote:
Mon 02 May 2022, 1:35 pm
A show I was toying with the idea of attending but opted for Edwards instead. Still it was one I had pencilled in for the future but I have just seen the price:

225USD for a half day show - they are running a show in the morning and another in the afternoon. If you want to stay for the afternoon its USD395. Ok that's for the car with all occupants but its most likely I would be on my own - just like many people. Anyone from the UK would probably want to attend both days - that's USD790. It's just not happening!
That's a ridiculous pricing model IMO. As said later on this section, if you have a 7-seater rammed with adults & their Gear it's not too bad at $32 ph. for half-day & $56 for the Full Monty! The logistics cost of monitoring & enforcing a half-day ticket must be horrendous unless you are only able to buy a 'Half-day' for the afternoon session? Either way, it makes RIAT look like the bargain it is! :smiley: Bet there are 'Cooler restrictions' too? :wink:

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

The airport is surrounded by naughty fields!

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Unbelievable that in this day & age of responsibility how somebody can advocate watching the Airshow for free from a Naughty Field, without telling me the best one to go for! :wink: :innocent: