Revell F-18E 1-32

Modelling advice and photos of your latest creations
gary7890

Revell F-18E 1-32

Post by gary7890 »

Hi, I am in the middle of building this, After just reading reviews on other sites I no its not just me thats having problems with it. I cant believe how bad this kit is. Nothing fits correctly and the instructions even tell you you need to cut 1mm here or 2mm here to make it fit. If you fit the lower wing sections 1st as it shows in the instructions its impossible to make the top section fit. How can a new kit like this be so bad. Every step I have had to cut and modify parts. Anyone else come across this kit ? I paid £54 for it I think if I had the rrp of about £90 I would have been very upset.

TonyC

Re: Revell F-18E 1-32

Post by TonyC »

Not my subject but even at £54, I'd be rather annoyed!

I've even heard that there maybe an issue with the Border 1:32 Lancaster, though more with the instructions build sequence, meaning that the front fuselage is unlikely to fit as intended, if the build sequence is followed!
...and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in Space cos there's bugger all down here on Earth!

Fargo Boyle

Post by Fargo Boyle »

TonyC wrote:
Sun 08 May 2022, 2:26 pm
Not my subject but even at £54, I'd be rather annoyed!

I've even heard that there maybe an issue with the Border 1:32 Lancaster, though more with the instructions build sequence, meaning that the front fuselage is unlikely to fit as intended, if the build sequence is followed!
Yep, a chap is building one on U Tube and this is an issue. I believe it's because Wingnut handed over the moulds but hadn't completed the instruction sheet before they folded so Border had to do the best they could.

PaulN

Post by PaulN »

Hi Gary

Tried to make one a couple of years ago when it first came out , went in the bin !!!!!! Kept the decals and stores ,the nose is awful , far too blunt and the fit , for a new kit was really bad . I have seen one finished , well built but the nose just looked totally wrong

I ended up getting a Trumpeter one , a bit more expensive , but it fits !!! and looks right in fact I have made 5 now with no problems at all , the G needs a few bits added , but nothing that cant be done with some plastic card

Dont worry you are not alone in having problems with this kit

Here is a Trumpeter one
ImageDSCF2353 by Paul Newman, on Flickr
Good Luck

Paul
Last edited by PaulN on Mon 09 May 2022, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daz

Post by Daz »

I had no end of trouble with the Revell kit so binned it.
Proud Grandson of an Avro Shackleton "boy"

gary7890

Post by gary7890 »

PaulN wrote:
Mon 09 May 2022, 9:10 am
Hi Gary

Tried to make one a couple of years ago when it first came out , went in the bin !!!!!! Kept the decals and stores ,the nose is awful , far too blunt and the fit , for a new kit was really bad . I have seen one finished , well built but the nose just looked totally wrong

I ended up getting a Trumpeter one , a bit more expensive , but it fits !!! and looks right in fact I have made 5 now with no problems at all , the G needs a few bits added , but nothing that cant be done with some plastic card

Dont worry you are not alone in having problems with this kit

Here is a Trumpeter one
ImageDSCF2353 by Paul Newman, on Flickr
Good Luck

Paul
Well I have I got it finished but I cant say I am happy with it lol. I have just been looking through your photos on flickr. You have some fantastic models , Your Canadian Hornet looks superb is that a 1/32 as well? I am not sure what I will build next. I was going to try the Tamiya F-16 1/32. Or I mite go back to Battleships, I have built most of the Tamiya 1/350 battleships and I moved up to the Trumpeter 1/200 Bismark in 2020 when we went into lockdown. The problem I have is room, My shed is now full, Wife not to keen on having them in the house lol

PaulN

Post by PaulN »

Hi Gary

Well done on finishing it !!!!!! Cheers for looking at my Flickr pages , yes that is 1/32 from the Academy kit , which was not a problem to build , the Tamiya F16 is a lovely kit to make too . Never been into battleships , FAR to many small parts for me LOL !!

If you need any help with anything , decals etc dont hesitate to PM me I have an awful lot

Again kudos to you for actually finishing it

Cheers

Paul

gary7890

Post by gary7890 »

Thanks for the replys, I found some helpfull advice on the Modelling giude about decals, I am not used to them after building Battleships. I have been looking for the Tamiya F-16, That looks like a nice kit to build next, Not found 1 yet at a good price tho yet. I put another shelf up in the shed that gives me a bit more room for another model ;)