Weather watch '22

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
CJS

Re: Weather watch '22

Post by CJS »

CJS wrote:
Tue 12 Jul 2022, 5:54 pm
What currently bothers me about the weather is the predicted 14mph winds Thursday evening which look like scuppering my balloon flight for the 6th time! #firstworldproblems
Curse the wind, CURSE IT... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :pouting_cat: :rolling_eyes:
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

Meep

Post by Meep »

Good luck to another watching Monday departures. BBC now showing 37C for Fairford

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

What a great day that was, gorgeous weather in the morning and a lively breeze whilst walking the static then found a nice shady spot for 11am and didn’t move until gone 4pm after the E4B had landed.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Andyperkins wrote:
Fri 15 Jul 2022, 6:45 pm
What a great day that was, gorgeous weather in the morning and a lively breeze whilst walking the static then found a nice shady spot for 11am and didn’t move until gone 4pm after the E4B had landed.
Worth seeking out on Sunday do you think, or the kind of shady spot 50000 other people will be trying to stand in?!

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

CJS wrote:
Fri 15 Jul 2022, 6:47 pm
Andyperkins wrote:
Fri 15 Jul 2022, 6:45 pm
Worth seeking out on Sunday do you think, or the kind of shady spot 50000 other people will be trying to stand in?!
I am sure others will jump on it, was behind the Red service station fencing, the sun was behind so the fencing cast a decent shadow and kept me and my Dad out of the sun until 4pm.

CJS

Post by CJS »

Cool thanks. I did think that, the sun is behind you - at least slightly - pretty much all day, so anything facing the runway will provide shade.