AIRPOWER22 - Zeltweg, Austria

Discussion forum for airshows, spotters days and other aviation events on the continent
Stagger2

Re: AIRPOWER22 - Zeltweg, Austria

Post by Stagger2 »

Tommy wrote:
Mon 05 Sep 2022, 9:43 am
(Shortened)
Another point, and [b]I might be wrong here[/b], but a twin-seat AMX turned up late Saturday after the show, and I don’t think it was put on static for the Sunday show (I did have a look and couldn’t find it, but it may have been hiding in a corner), but much like the second Turkish F-4, Dutch F-16, if that sat live side for the whole of the weekend, imagine how vexed you’d be if you were a day-goer, to find out a soon-to-be retired aircraft (and a decent surprise!) was sat out of public view for the whole time it was there.
I might be wrong too? But I don't think there was a SUNDAY Show! :wink:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

*oops yes, turned up Friday evening and not present for the Saturday show!

I’m not used to Fri/Sat shows!

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Was an AMX listed for the show? Maybe just bringing in a VIP to watch the show on Sunday and wave flags for the Frecce or RSV types?
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

No, it was a nice surprise.

A support Italian Air Force G550 (the AISREW one, not the lumpy/bumpy variant) & Italian Army Avanti (both unlisted) showed up dropping off support/bigwigs on Thursday and Friday respectively, but both departed the same day.

(Unless I’m really succumbing to the tiredness and completely missed it) Only the Frecce on display, mate - no RSV. The M346 and Tiger Typhoon were both static only.

But even so, an AMX - as I said imagine the uproar if that sat live side out of bounds at a U.K. show. Luckily we shot it on departures/arriving on Friday evening after most had left the showground.

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Mmmm.

I can go better or worse, depending on view point.

Stood outside Farnborough when you could photograph the flying display from the outside, possibly a trade day, maybe the Friday, and see a pair of two seat Viggens roll in along the runway bringing in some bigwigs to see the Gripen and whatever else.

Could you get to them from the inside or do you think they were parked behind the trees out of sight?

And Mildenhall took on a nasty habit for a few years from about 1992 of receiving two jets from an air arm, Danish F-16s, Turkish F-4s, whatever and leaving one on the far side and only placing one on static, OK when they were two identical F-4s but very annoying seeing a French single seat Jaguar out of reach on the far side!

st24

Post by st24 »

Tommy wrote:
Mon 05 Sep 2022, 1:43 pm
No, it was a nice surprise.

A support Italian Air Force G550 (the AISREW one, not the lumpy/bumpy variant) & Italian Army Avanti (both unlisted) showed up dropping off support/bigwigs on Thursday and Friday respectively, but both departed the same day.

(Unless I’m really succumbing to the tiredness and completely missed it) Only the Frecce on display, mate - no RSV. The M346 and Tiger Typhoon were both static only.
Master, Typhoon and Spartan all flew at the Bucharest show, which due to shocking Saturday weather became a 2 day show!
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

capercaillie wrote:
Mon 05 Sep 2022, 1:28 pm
Was an AMX listed for the show? Maybe just bringing in a VIP to watch the show on Sunday and wave flags for the Frecce or RSV types?
Unusual to have contracted 'Tommyitis' for you Caper! CAUTION...Hyper-pedantry moment coming, we can move past the absence of RSV types but "There was no Sunday show!" :wink: :slight_smile:

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

No need to be proof-reading when we’ve got you, mate! 😂

(But yes, for avoidance right doubt - AMX turned up end of the day Friday, and wasn’t to be seen on Saturday, and departed on the non-show day Sunday)

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Stagger2 wrote:
Tue 06 Sep 2022, 1:48 pm
capercaillie wrote:
Mon 05 Sep 2022, 1:28 pm
Unusual to have contracted 'Tommyitis' for you Caper! CAUTION...Hyper-pedantry moment coming, we can move past the absence of RSV types but "There was no Sunday show!" :wink: :slight_smile:
My BS was because I was quoting BS which I couldn't be bothered to fact check. I was still recovering from being at the Duxford show last weekend. :zipper_mouth: :lying_face:

JMC

Post by JMC »

Oh and credit to Wings Of Storm, I thought they were excellent.

Skylinerworld

Post by Skylinerworld »

I watched the live footage and want to know if the Alpha Jets looping with the P-38 was just as amazing to see in person as on TV?!
Search 'AirportsAroundTheWorld' on FB
Search 'airports_around_the_world' on Insta
http://blog.skylinerworld.co.uk/

JMC

Post by JMC »

It was indeed, very peaceful to watch! The smoke stayed in the air for ages.

UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Post by UK Airshow Review »

• "Red Pull" - Tom Jones reports from this scenic location.

Image Image Image