Passouts from the showground

All you'll ever need to know about the UK's biggest airshow
DerekGM6

Passouts from the showground

Post by DerekGM6 »

I've been to RIAT numerous times but for the life of me I can't remember whether it is possible to exit the showground after entering, for example in order to go and fetch something from the car park or campsite. I have hired a mobility scooter which will be available near the Red car park exit but I am actually camping at Kempsford, just up from the Blue car park. So I need to get from the campsite to the Red car park to collect the scooter, which will be quite an ordeal due to arthritis in my hip (hence the scooter). The solution would be to go in at the Blue entrance, take the free bus to the Red entrance, go out of the showground with a passout, collect the scooter then come back in again. So, are passouts issued for people who need to exit the showground temporarily? Sorry if this is an idiot question but I am planning ahead and it does not make it clear on the RIAT website even in the FAQs.

coanda

Re: Passouts from the showground

Post by coanda »

Interestingly, that is not a question in the FAQ. I would imagine that there would be some facility for this to take place. If you have problems with mobility you might find someone who can get you to your mobility scooter pickup rather than you having to walk.

There is a question in the FAQ (https://www.airtattoo.com/airshow/visit ... -questions) called 'how do I book a mobility scooter'. Part of the answer says you are entitled to a disabled car park permit by red gate if you are hiring a mobility scooter. You could get this and drive to red from Kempsford on the day? Might be a pain unless you are very early but might also be the best way for your situaiton.

I'd give RIAT a call on the number in the FAQ and see what they say as there are usually show vehicles driving up and down all day.

iainpeden

Post by iainpeden »

Yes, you get a hand stamp but it might be an issue first thing in the morning - usually ok after lunch. Coandra's idea is a good one.
(Mark Twain: There are lies, there are damn lies and then there are statistics)

DerekGM6

Post by DerekGM6 »

Thank you coanda and iainpeden for your replies, I will call RIAT and see if I can hitch a lift.

coanda

Post by coanda »

No probs, hope you get what you need!